Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

281 - 295 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #281 (Edited)
^not worth it till you swap the car. The pavement scorching torque of the 251 wont put enough down to break an R-160(maybe is you are RWD), money is better spent on an after market LSD(Cusco, KAZZ, OsGiken, OBX).

And yeah, I don't know of any 4.11 R-180 from a Subaru configuration. All the Suby R-180s I know of are either 3.54, 3.90, or 4.44.

Now I bet a STi 6MT with a 4.44 front R&P would accel like a bat outta hell(probably be at 5K RPM at 80mph in 6th tho). I saw a company awhile back offering some 4.44 6MT front diff gears.
Definitely wanna go 6 speed / R180 later down the line, what FD did you end up with?

^ haha

I was basically telling him to swap the car due to his signature.

Y'all are funny
:unamused: I guess i'll start my swap from rear to front

Im sure the guy who "tried" to put the back trailing arm grpN bushing in my 00 rs coupe gave up after 1 second. Was there any changes you had to make to get them in, I was told by rallyspec to spit on it real good and they would go in but he claimed they where to big..
Man I really hope I don't have this problem, i'm already really skeptical of taking my stuff to a shop but I don't have a hydraulic press at work or at home so I had to settle for a local subie shop. I'll be finding out monday.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #283 (Edited)
Finally work has slowed down and I can work on my car

Got the new subframe in, new axle seals and diff cover seals in, new diff mount studs, and differential mounted.

My R160 looked nice on the inside so I guess i'll be running it until I find a good 6 speed swap​

281 - 295 of 295 Posts