Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
01 Silverthorn 2.5rs
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a few buddies are taking our cars around a "tour" of Michigan in 4 days and hitting up some of the PRIME driving roads in MI. My RS, another friend's RS, an SVT Focus, and a Porsche 944 S2. Headed up north to Mackinaw Island for all the touristy shit, then it's on to dirt roads, and twisties!! If anyone has never seen M119 Tunnel of Trees... it looks amazing. 55 the whole way, no center line, 2 hairpins, elevation changes, very little to no traffic, and a beautiful view of the lake.

·
Banned
01 Silverthorn 2.5rs
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're stopping by Traverse City... The other friend with the RS lives there. Send me a PM, maybe we can shoot down some roads around there if you're up to it.

·
Registered
2017 WRB BRZ w/PP
1,739 Posts
I've lived in the UP for the past 24 yrs and I've never heard of M119. Where is this mystical place you speak of?

If you really want some nice roads, prolly the best in MI, head up to the Kewaunee Peninsula towards Eagle River and Copper Harbor. The last 20 miles of 41 North to Copper Harbor is completely canopied by all the tress and its pretty fresh asphalt. And 35 that goes along the west edge of the peninsula is by far one of the best driving roads in the midwest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts