Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Baller
05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this guy up yesterday. Got a good deal, got rid of the legacy. I'm a happy guy Mods to come in the future going to cruise as is for awhile.

2014 BRZ limited 6spd Manual (of course) Lightening red :D

you can see my new bike hiding in the background

more photos to come soon enough

Attachments

·
Premium Baller
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha thanks yea man just decided after awhile it would be good to stop messing around with a DD that always has something going wrong with it. I told myself that if I ever bought a new car (which I didn't think I would do) that it would be a BRZ. After test driving two and seeing them around, it seemed like the perfect choice

Loving the red yup lol its bright but it looks very right on this car imo

·
10 years in the game
'14 BRZ SWP ltd
1,385 Posts
You will enjoy the BRZ. You have a similar vehicle background as me going from an RS to an STi to a BRZ. I think my BRZ is the most fun to drive and love the MPG I get.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
Needs SupaCharga! Nice car though, seen any of the "sti" brz's with there bodykit and wheels, gives it a nice touch up.

·
Premium Baller
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking that when I started driving it again. Most fun I've had in a Subaru since my RS. Bit slower but this thing is nice, super stoked to be driving this car

Yea man I'll get there eventually! Yea, test drove one of the Series Blues a couple weeks ago, they have the wheels/lips/skirts etc which are nice but Subaru's price tag on that guy wasn't worth it IMO.

Welcome back again. What kept on going wrong with the legacy?

Well it didn't have working AC and there was a valve tick that no one had any idea what was causing the noise. Perfect Leakdown test, valves perfectly within tolerance...

·
Premium Baller
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha thanks man. I love it, its very different.

took a terrible gas station photo heading out to the race this weekend nice and early

washed the car. really need some mods ha

·
Premium Baller
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What you don't like monster truck brz and 17x7's under massive arches?

I have some plans naturally for this guy. Probably going to hold off on suspension until I move to wherever I'm headed next in the next couple months here, either Seattle or back to California for a little bit here. I'm going to want a taller hitch or do something about lowering the trailer, it already sits forward as is.

I want to do

CS Style front lip/side skirts with rear valence/lip, maybe diffuser deal
Either ST coilovers or the Tein Street Basis. Decent handling with a drop but not super uncomfortable on the street. Probably grab PBM LCA's as well.
Varrstoen ES6 18x9.5 or something meshie around the same size for now, eventually save up and get Work Mesiter s1r. I actually want a silver or white face, not sure about gold on the red, definitely not black thats played out.
Maybe a UEL header, sounds too honda with the Invidia catback on there right now

Already purchased the CR Valenti tails for this guy, new shift knob too! on their way.

After that i dunno, definitely going to do a supercharger down the road, probably 2 years time.

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
I love the BRZ and I want to get one some day hopefully in the near future. Wheels and suspension and I would call it good...

Who am I kidding turbo charge that thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts