Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Silv
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so about two weeks ago I started noticing the rear right of my car making a ringing noise. I'm betting it's my brake pad wearing down. Installed my KYB's and P1 springs about a month-2 months ago, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. The ringing sound usually comes when I start in first all the way through third. Seems to go away when I'm going faster than 30-35mph. Still rings when I'm rollong in neutral.
They're Hawk HPS brake pads.
any input?
Thanks

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
The pad wear indicator would be my first guess too.
The the sound go away when you hit the brakes? If it is the wear indicator, it should not go away.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, does not go away with the brakes. At first I thought it could be the rotor shield but I checked and it was in good shape/not touching the router. I guess i'll just jack up my car and take the pads out of the caliper and check them?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump!
Don't want to take my pads out if it's not neccessary due to someone knowing what the problem is!

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
take your pads out...its 2 bolts to pull the caliper. really simple...and they probably need to be replaced anyways.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, I know. I'm just procrastinating on it:p I'm doing it this weekend along with washing my car. Haven't cleaned it in about a month!:-o
I guess there's no other possible answer than it being my brake pads huh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts