Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know who to get in touch with Rimmer Engineering? They make superchargers for the 2.2 and 2.5 engines. I found a new website of theirs:

http://www.txdirect.net/users/robertsn/subaru.html

But their links are messed up. I looked on QwestDex.com for their phone number as well as switchboard.com; they are supposed to be in Colorado Springs Colorado but I can't find a number anywhere. Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I only know of one guy that has one of there SC still on his car. I haven't herd anything from the company in a long time. I think they are more into the german stuff. I will see if I can track down the guy for you.

BTW Cobb is working on one( a SC) and we also have a company in So Cal developing one also.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
WARNING!!!

Don't buy ANYTHING from Rimmer unless you have cash in hand and they have the product to hand over to you right on the spot.

They took many, many RS owners for many thousands of dollars and then filed for bankruptcy... :curse:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wowy! Thanks for the heads up! I can't find em' anyway and just invested in books about supercharging. Gonna try designing one myself. I'll keep you all posted!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you realize that Templar (on this board) is already developing a SC kit for our cars? Check out the Forced Induction forum...he seems to be pretty close:D

Scott:)

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Just from the one supercharged RS I rode in, and others comments, I'd suggest going with something else. They hit hard down low, but don't seem to pack any punch for the high revs. The 2.5 already has decent low end grunt. I'd personally go with a good size turbo. Let the bottom end work, and the turbo can pick up where the 2.5 really needs help-up top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts