Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I felt too lazy to PM it to you or anything. That and if people need this for future reference, it's here.

When switching your MY98 front bumper to the newer one, did you need to change the bulbs or anything for the turn signals? I have the housings and things from Jim, just wondering if I'll need anything else once I get it painted.

AJ

·
Registered
120 Posts
bulbs, uhh... I'm not sure, I'll check tommorow. Other than that just hack your bumper beam in half with a sawz-all:)

·
Registered
300 Posts
AJ--- I have a stock bumper beam for a 2001 if you want it you can have it. It has a little hacking dont to it already for me to get by until i got a lightened beam. It should work. Its also a little dirty but i'll clean it up if you want it.
Alex

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alex,
My thoughts were to just hack up the existing beam taht is on my car. Saves me the $$$ of buying one from Octagon or something. If things fall apart, I'll keep you in mind. If you don't mind holding onto the beam, I'd appreciate it if my current plans do not work. But first, I have to drop off the new skin at the paint place to get it to match. Can't be looking like all those honda's and things out there with multi-colored panals and crap.

AJ

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dropped the bumper off yesterday at the paint shop. Quoted $150 to primer it and get it painted, as well as filling in a few holes from the previous owner (looked like extra lights or something). I'll find out on Monday when I pick it up from them. Looked like a good shop and I saw some of their products (nice looking 'Cuda). I'll fill you guys in when things get done.

AJ

·
Registered
300 Posts
$150 to get it primed and painted is really good, what color was the bumper perviously painted. Defintally let us know, i need to get my front bumper repainted
Alex

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bumper skin is going from sedona red pearl to brilliant red. I pick it up tomorrow (monday) and I'll take plenty of pics to show you guys the job it gets. Hopefully next week it will go on, with the Hella 500 fog lights, kartboy mounts and maybe some other things.

AJ

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the sake of simplicity.... this is a schematic of my plan.

It's as simple as cutting the little bars and then grinding them down to a level close to flush with the top beam. Hopefully it will be easy, especially with the air tools at my disposal. :biggest:

AJ

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
does this mean that you are going to cut the whole bottom half of the bumpper beam off?
Alex

Forget i ever said anything;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts