Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Impreza gc
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I'm starting restoration of my 1996 Subaru Impreza gc and to keep track of my progress and hopefully to have more motivation I'm going to post results of my work weekly here.
I have this car for two years now and I know that sometime I'll be fixing it because there was a small rust bubble on both rear wheel arches. After a small collision with my gate post ? bondo came off of the right wheel arch and rust showed up. Now i have some time after work so I decided to start working.

Both sides was poorly repaired so it was a matter of time until corrosion starting to form there.
Rear sub frame was rusted so badly that the car doesn't past inspection.

Rest of the body in not bad in my opinion.

At this time almost all interior is striped down as well as sound deadening from floor and trunk. This week I spend about 30 hours working on this car.
That's all for now. On Monday I'll start striping the dashboard and wiring harness.

See you soon.

·
Registered
2001, Impreza 2.5 RS
34 Posts
Awesome update! Solid progress so far and looking forward to seeing more! I'm doing something similar with mine, detailing it on my Instagram @punisher_gc8. Happy to swap notes/horror stories as we uncover the rust...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Brother, you are hardcore! It looks to be an interesting project and I will follow to see what cool things you do for the job.

·
Registered
1996 Impreza gc
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everyone.
Sadly I was sick this whole week so instead of working on my subaru I was in bed searching for some parts and inspiration for my project. Luckly now I'm almost healthy so tomorrow I am going to garage. Maybe on Thursday I post some work progress.

Be healthy and keep your the project going!
See you soon .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts