Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NASIOC wasn't a help on this, so hopefully someone over here can help me out.....

Back in the spring, my wife and I got a pair of Imprezas... she got an OBS, I got an RS. A month later, she was rear-ended on the interstate, and hers was totalled.

The other day I ran across the spare key-fob from her car. It occurred to me that it'd be nice to reset it so that it would work on my car, giving me an extra spare fob.

How do you reset the code in a key-fob? Can you pull the battery out, put it back in, and click it on and off while in the car, or something like? Or, is there a sequence of button pushes that initiates it? Or, do you need a dealer's computer to do it?

Thanks,

-L

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah! But!

I spent a long while searching on NASIOC and never found anything before I posted there, and never got a reply either. Here, Jonathan pointed me right rather quick.

I have to admit, I didn' t search here; BUT! Given that mine's an '02, the directions elsewhere on this board wouldn't work for me; those over on Ravenblade's give the directions for both the older ones and the newer ones, too....

Anyway, I'm just tickled that I'll be able to use the thing for something other than target practice.... :)

-L

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah,

I saw that afterwards.....

I *knew* I had seen the directions before, somewhere, and I *think* that that is where I had seen it, but didn't remember....

Anyway, I've noted it now, and will reset it once I get my Roo back form the bodsy shop (it's getting a new hood/bumper because of the accident)....

Thanks, all....

-L

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bringing this slightly dated thread to life, I've got a question.

I've got a Subaru Impreza New Age 2002 at home, and several keyless entry fobs from a previous car of the same make that by now has probably been converted to canning material after getting totaled.

When I stumbled onto this thread in my quest for a way to get the fobs and the car to acknowledge each other's existence, I thought I was done. However, that was not to be.

Maybe it's because this stuff is all quite new to me, or maybe I'm just missing something, but I followed the instructions outlined in the ScoobyMods post, and the car flat out refuses to honk at me. Normally I'm quite content with my car not honking at me, but right now I am understandably disappointed.

Might anyone here be able to provide a bit of insight? If there is any other information you need to know, just state it and I will go dig it up as best I can...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts