Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull my engine, however every vidoes says to attach to a braket above bell housing, that bracket is not on my car so i will need to attached the load leveler to the engine block with bolts. There are 3 holes for this at the very rear end of the engine block but i cannot for the life of me find the sizes and the internet is refusing to just fing tell me.

So please, does anyone know the bolt sizes for the 3 lifing bolt holes on the very rear of the engine where it mates with bell housing?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bicycle tire Rim

·
Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS
687 Posts
If I had to take a broad guess i think they are probably 14mm, maybe m10? We usually have a bucket of subaru bolts laying around and gently check to see which one threads in. Ive also pulled the engine from the metal intake manifold but Im sure people will be quick to shame me about it even though it's held in by like 12 bolts. Just watch your chains when they get tension and make sure they don't rub against the throttle body or cables.

·
Premium Member
2001 2.5rs
2,297 Posts
It should be M10. The sti intercooler bracket bolts there and uses 2 bolts with a 12mm head.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
10x1.25's i'm certain. but yeah, there should be a bracket with a hole in it on the right rear of the engine near the engine harness connectors, and the other hoist point is the ac bracket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts