Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TheGreyEminence
99 OBS (240k and counting)
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meaning to post this for awhile because I know this is a common problem for us northeasterners and new englanders. I've been throwin a 0440 code for almost a year now and I'd really like to start with the filler neck and get that crossed off the list of "maybes". That bein said, whose got some pointers or maybe a write-up for replacing just the filler-neck...99 OBS stock, CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS, yeah, I went to get an air-filter and after 2 trips found out I had a california emission setup on a car I bought in NY! :mad: Stuff happens. Thanks for the info.

·
Mobile Diagnosis Guy
97 Impreza L
5,492 Posts
its cake, mine rusted through 2 years ago. few bolts, few clamps, make sure you get the right one.

·
TheGreyEminence
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its cake, mine rusted through 2 years ago. few bolts, few clamps, make sure you get the right one.
Thats it? Nothing to clamp off? No need to drain the fuel tank? Thats good news...I was hoping it wasn't too complicated. Although since I'm still at noob status I'm sure I'll manage to ^(@& it up.

·
TheGreyEminence
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BUMP in case anyone has some more advice for the NOOB

·
Registered
97 Brighton, 4x4
1,681 Posts
I don't think that's the problem. I have the same issue. Search nasioc. There are a lot of people with this issue and no resolution.

·
Mobile Diagnosis Guy
97 Impreza L
5,492 Posts
wait till your tank is low on fuel, and dont park it with the back end pointing down a hill when you are trying to do this. The filler inlet is high in the tank so not much should spill out if you do it correctly.

·
TheGreyEminence
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I don't think that's the problem. I have the same issue. Search nasioc. There are a lot of people with this issue and no resolution.
The filler pipe is most definitely the problem. I just looked at it today again except I brushed the hell out of it w/ a wire-brush and not only is there a quarter size hole in the pipe itself but two of the three wires/hoses that connect to it at the top near the gas cap have rusted off at their connection to the pipe. Stealership said they were on back order...anyone else know where to get a filler pipe?

·
TheGreyEminence
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
P.S. What are the three wires/hoses that connect to the filler pipe? Some sort of oxygen delivery system?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts