Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Audi Fondler
2000 Silverish 2.5rs Sedan
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know anything about this, pathing, wire gauges etc... I had the one that went out tested and it's not getting any power... ground may be out or something but I don't know where the wiring goes to be able to test the other end... if it's a simple replacement I'll do it myself... don't have the cash to take it somewhere right now :-/

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
A few answers. It would be safe to guess that the wiring is 16-18awg. Did you test the wires powering the bulb with a voltmeter? Thats your best way to find if you are missing ground or power. I haven't worked with our headlights/fog lights much so I'm just going from experience on other vehicle lighting systems. With a little time you could easily rewire the fogs, just make sure that you pull power from a main source(ie battery, fused of course). You can still use the stock switch by using a relay just like how it is stock.

Hopefully that made some sense for ya, if you have any questions let me know. First thing I would try is the test with the voltmeter, it might end up being a simple fix. Like a broken power connection coming from the other fog.

Buster

1 - 2 of 2 Posts