Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my Scooby taken to the shop to work on the 'ticking of engine (cold startup) until after a few miles are driven' problem. I had this same problem last year around the same time it started to get cold. No bother, it's under warranty. :p So, I take in my car @ 5:15pm and told them that I was promised a renter's car. Well, he went round about and pulled up a brand new Subaru Forrester 2.5XS. It had leather seats, auto dimming mirror/compass, a huge sunroof, and those rubber floor mats. It only had about 600 miles put into it. Do they trust a 21 year old that much? Yes! I like the Forrester, it's quiet, and it's decked out with factory options. Needs a power boost, but nevertheless, it has me happy.

It's also different to open up the hood to see the engine manifold closer to the ground. Or is it that the Forrester is taller? The intake manifold doesn't have that rough/rigid surface to it. Oh well, it's mine until I get my racecar back. :D

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Needs a power boost
don't worry, they'll come with a turbo soon. haha, you get to take a forester for a couple of days. that's cool of your dealer. now you have a huge ass back seat to make-out with your gf. hahaha!

jz

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a problem. I showed her the backseat, but we didn't have the time to actually take advantage of it. :whine: I had to take it back right after work the next day. I work from 8-5pm and I have class M-Th @ 6-9:30. No time for anything... just the way I like it. :)

FYI, if you have an engine that has a ticking sound on a cold startup, you will need a new timing belt. I'm at 50500 miles and I won't need to get a replacement timing belt until 150000 miles. I just can't wait until I break in the belt, so I can drive spiritedly again. :devil:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts