Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L sedan BDP
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the safest/most effective way to remove the centercaps off '98 Goldies? I'm afraid to try prying it off with a flathead screwdriver. Thanks.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L sedan BDP
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've thought of that, but I'm needing to remove the axle nut and I'd like to do so while the car is still on the ground.

·
Premium Member
Donk It.
1,696 Posts
Prying=breaking and crying.

All the equipment needed to lift the car, remove the wheel, pop the cap out, and put it all back is contained in your trunk. Just do it or figure on time and cost of tracking down new gold centercaps.

·
Registered
99 rs w/ EJ205
982 Posts
just take the wheel off, and push the little things in from behind, even if u do chip paint..it'll be in back and no one will see

once thats off, put the wheel back on and break that fucker, 36mm i think

·
Registered
00 OBS Silverthorn Metallic
4,184 Posts
hu1k said:
I've thought of that, but I'm needing to remove the axle nut and I'd like to do so while the car is still on the ground.
You don't have to remove the axle nut. Just take the lug nuts off and pull the wheel off. You can push it out with your fingers.

Since you said you don't want to raise the car, the only way to get it out is by trying to stick a small pick behind it and pulling it out. You could try a tooth pick that will take most of the punishment, but I have a feeling it's going to break before you get anywhere. Just pull the wheel off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts