Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
99 impreza RS
394 Posts
when you put in in "P" it will hit the white lever and turn off the senor,

from what i remember i think i put it in "N" and turn off the senor, because you can take you key out in any gears thats what the lever for i guess but "N" is safer
coz if i start the car it wont jump lol

·
Registered
99 impreza RS
394 Posts
then after that u just have to buy a shift boot and a knob :> if the knob is too big duck tape your rod so it will fit , at least thats how i got my STi rep knob on

·
Registered
01 2.5RS GC8
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so i got the key to come in and out but now when i start my car (in park) it like almost dies out maybe once or twice? any body know that one? it NEVER happened before i screwed with my shifter knob. (is this what you meant when you said to start it in neutral so it wont "jump"?)

·
Registered
99 impreza RS
394 Posts
well i say double check you battery, make sure you battery is tight
and the connector is down all the all so it hold tight

your car dying out shouldn't have anything to do with the shifter

no i mean if u start you car in 1 it will move so i put it in "N"

·
Registered
1 Posts
so i tried it anyways and i snapped the little plastic piece that engages my transmission so i can get it in and out of park. now i have to replace the entire shifter assembly. i can replace my suspension but i cant take off a shifter knob? fml
I just did this 11 years later and found this forum. If youre still on here did you have to take it to the dealership to get it all replaced? Is it even still something that can be replaced in 2020? Its really stressing me the hell out

21 - 26 of 26 Posts