Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 2.5RS BRP
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and didn't find anything about relocating the A/C controler... I want to know if I am able to move my A/C Control all the way to the bottom (usually where the headunit sits) The reason why I am asking is because I want to put a double headunit in and I don't want my shift knob to be blocking the screen. Also I don't want to be doing alot of modification...like the most modication I would really want to do is cut out the bar and probably extend the wire to make it fit all the way down.

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
weird, I sorta asked a similar question on...the other site...it's related as to which wires control the a/c and maybe controlling it with a toggle switch elsewhere. I just posted it today, but if someone answers on...the other site...then it might be some usefull information. here's the link...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1273834

...and then I looked at your profile and saw you have a different year than me, so this may be of no use to you at all. in that case sorry.

·
Registered
2000 RS
686 Posts
Do you mean somethign like this?

This is going to house a 7" VGA touchscreen on the top for the CarPC and the AC controls will be at the bottom. So far I have not seen anyone that has done this, so I might be the first one to do so for a friend of mine.

What I did was cut the entire AC and double din area out and flip ip upside down. Then, re-glue everything into place, fill, sand, etc.

The pic shows the first stage of primer, so more is needed. I'll post pics of the finish product once it's done.

·
Registered
1999 SUBARU IMPREZA RSTI EJ20K
2,628 Posts
yes it will be fine and work atleast on my rs i did it and it was fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts