Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen ya'll reference to using Red Line Diff oil but have any of you used any of the other products by them?

On Subaruparts.com they have a fuel system cleaner that I've heard is pretty good. Also does anyone use the motor oil and what would be the advantage?

Here is the link to the products I'm talkin about. Let me know what you think. Thanks! :D

http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=271

Brandee

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Redline's products are not bad at all. I'm sure there are lots of people using Redline for their trannies and diffs, but it's not convenient to get an oil change with Redline every 3000 miles. I still need to get the water wetter for my radiator, but I'm slacking. :stinky:

I use Amsoil because there is a dealer about 10 min. away from me. The Amsoil dealer sells top notch oil filters, air filters, and oil. Check in the yellow pages under 'oils'.

(sorry, my post did this thread no good. nor did it answer minx's question.) Peace Y'all. :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kickin_81 said:
(sorry, my post did this thread no good. nor did it answer minx's question.) Peace Y'all. :p
No, I think it was good info. Thanks! :D So you like the water wetter? What's it's function?

Brandee

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
The water wetter's function is to help keep the radiator coolant temp a little cooler. "Wetter," therefore making the coolant harder to heat up. therefore, making the engine run a bit more efficient with a slightly colder engine. I have not had a chance to get my hands on it, because most people will have to order it (like myself). Summer time, better get some. :drool:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Which would lower the temp of the coolant better - Water wetter or a lower temp thermostat? And how much does each cost... Hint, hint.... :p

I personally think the thermostat might work better. Maybe? :confused:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Take this as a grain of salt. As far as I can remember, Redline's water wetter runs about 7-10 bucks and drops the heat only a tad (about 6-10 degrees F). If there were any chance to, I didn't want my coolant to freeze up in the cold winters of Minnesota here. I don't know for sure if this will raise the freezing point of the coolant or not, since it assists in the cooling of the engine.

I have no knowledge in the thermostat mod. I don't even know how the thermostat works or where it's placed at. If I had the time to get under the car and knowledge to replace the thermostat, I would. Until then, I'm gonna stick with the fluid. Can someone enlighten us on this? :confused:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THanks for the info on the the wetter but what about the other products!

Particularly the fuel system cleaner and various lubes?? :confused:

Thanks!

B

1 - 7 of 7 Posts