Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally broke down and got my windows tinted after having my 00' rs for almost 3yrs. I got a blue titanium tint put on it. The tint really matches the BRP color well. If you stand at a certain angle it looks like the windows are painted the same as the car. I also put on a new carbon fiber dash kit from dashtrimplus.com. I'll try to post pics as soon as I can

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Excellent. I still really need to get my windows tinted... If only I had time and money...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a place that was running a deal that if you got one car tinted you got the second car for half price, so I figured why not. I got my gf's car done for like $65. Cant beat that too bad it's a honda and not a scooby.................couldn't find her a used RS.:curse:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seeing as I had no light in the trunk I decided to mount two neon tubes back there. I mounted the first one right in-between the two rear speakers and the other right below where the trunk latches. Since I dont haul a lot of crap nothing should hit it. Then I drilled a 1/2 hole next to the jack door and I popped in a nice black toggle switch. And God said let there be light.........and so it was!!
pics soon.:sunny:

·
Registered
139 Posts
i like the idea with the neons in the trunk! never would have thought of it myself and probably cheaper than installing the real deal. i think i might hook up the trunk latch for it though so i dont have to hit a switch every time. gonna be a while but, ill let u know how it works out.

p.s. anybody know what the part # is for the latch with the light switch?

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
zoinkssooby said:
i like the idea with the neons in the trunk! never would have thought of it myself and probably cheaper than installing the real deal. i think i might hook up the trunk latch for it though so i dont have to hit a switch every time. gonna be a while but, ill let u know how it works out.

p.s. anybody know what the part # is for the latch with the light switch?
for the trunk light striker look here:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=471&highlight=Trunk+Light

1 - 10 of 10 Posts