Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the process of rebuilding my ej251 motor. It was sent to the machine shop and a few things went missing. I have a few pictures below with red circles on them. Can somebody please help me explain where/what sensors goes where? And if not a sensor, what else could go there. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
turbocharged mayhem
1,030 Posts
Top one by ej25 is oil pressure. The lower red circle in the first pic, cant think of what goes there, maybe freeze plug?

Maybe a freeze plug in the 2nd picture as well, I believe the knock sensor goes on the other side of the motor.

·
Registered
1987 L-series black wagon
3 Posts
Where the letters "ej25" are, there's the oil pressure.
The other circle on the first pic, there goes nothing there, just some kind of a bolt(wich is original), it's a oil tunnel under there.
And the same story where the circle is on pic#2, just some kind of a bolt goes there, it's also a oil tunnel under there.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BDP
2,079 Posts
What happened to your engine? I've got an EJ25 with a spin bearing and am considering rebuilding. Not sure what's involved so im trying to soak me research to see if it's worth while

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What happened to your engine? I've got an EJ25 with a spin bearing and am considering rebuilding. Not sure what's involved so im trying to soak me research to see if it's worth while
i had a blown head gasket around 160k. the clutch was going out and since i had to pull out the motor to do this, i decided to redo everything. fixed leaky valves, 3 angle valve job, all new accessories (water pump, gaskets, oil pump, timing belt, the works), since it was burning oil like crazy, oversized pistons, bored out, etc. it just sucks that it was around during the holidays and i didnt have much time to work on it so im trying to remember how to put everything together....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.