Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1998 CW Integra Type R
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JDM rear wiper install on sedan/coupe

Heres my little write up on how to do the rear wiper mod to a 93-01 impreza.

PLEASE NOTE: u cannot drill a factory glass to do this, you must get a rear window that is made to use a rear wiper.

When i bought the window, motor, arm and all its parts from a local JDM car part out, it also came with the harness. all i needed was a switch for a LHD car

Parts that I replaced so I didn’t reuse old parts were.The inner seal, outer seat, sprayer, cap, large nut and small nut. All these parts can be found on the rear wipers set up of the 1995 legacy wagon(i will try to get part numbers asap)

this could also be a good time to upgrade to an intermitten system using a wiper stalk from a 02 wrx wag

the wiper motor itself uses 4 wires

which go to a relay, and from the relay 3 wires a green, yellow and black.

so i ran the green and yellow wires up to the passenger kick panel and the black one i grounded in the back of the car.

the dash harness itself is prewired for the rear wiper because its the same harness as the Outback Sport which has one. so all u have to do is insert the pins if u have them or u can butt splice the 2 wires.

green wire from where i inserted pin:

blurry but u can see dash harness with my green wire:

heres the yellow wire:

from dash harness side:

and for the pump, again all the cars are pre wired to use the rear pump, so all u have to do is get the second pump(white) and run a tube from the washer bottle to the back of the car. i ran it along the drivers door sill and clipped it in along side the fuel/brake lines. its not hard to do, pass it through a firewall grommet, and bring it down by the drievsr kick panel and pull up the door sill and flip the carpet over and under the white plastic covers u will see the other lines.

·
Registered
gm2 coupe / gf4/ cb7 saloon
1,838 Posts
does anyone know if this only applies to 98-01 bodystyle? i thought subaru converted to newer wiring in 98. i have a 97 and wondering if this applies to me or not?

·
Registered
gm2 coupe / gf4/ cb7 saloon
1,838 Posts
I have no intermittent right now and will add itermittent I would wanna use the diagram without or with? Hmmmm

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
Intermittent is not bad, works well in the rain when you don't want the wiper constantly moving.

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,905 Posts
Thanks nhawks, those wiring diagrams explained my issue very well. I was trying to use an intermittent stalk with a non-intermittent wiring harness and wouldn't understand why intermittent wasn't working. The easy way to tell the difference is if you have a relay or a module, now the junkyard hunt begins for a wagon that actually has intermittent.

I saw a question about 97 wiring, the wiring was different colors in my 97 diagram but the circuit is the same. The harness didn't change until 99 model years so a 98 would be the same as a 97

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did mines early this year, I got rear glass, wiper motor , wiper arm , wiper switch that goes on steering wheel, install was easy

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts