Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1998 wrx sti type r!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so whenever i hit boost in my sti my rear washer fluid comes out and goes all over my back window any idea why this would happen lol? its a 98 wrx sti type r

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
the anomalous propagation of the boost vectored wiper sprayer solenoid most be malfunctioning.

anyways, does it do it when your moving, parked or both?

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,934 Posts
There's a check valve in the lines that should prevent that from happening. Yours might be stuck open. You can find it usually just a few inches from the rear wiper motor. The same kind of valve is used on the windshield washer and I/C spray.

·
Registered
1999 V6 Type R (white)
3 Posts
Hi newbie here.. had to bump this thread as I have the exact same problem, any clues as to how I can sort this, had a look along the line near the rear washer motor and everything looks to be correct and clean?

·
Registered
RS, GF, SSx2, STI GDB
692 Posts
It will be a small plastic piece about a inch in size with barbs on both ends to fit in the hose. It is basically a check valve that keeps the fluid from coming out unless under pressure. Both of my cars still have some fluid that comes out under high boost pulls. You could put in one right before the nozzle and one lower in the system.

·
Registered
1999 V6 Type R (white)
3 Posts
Ah OK, I definitely don't have any of those in the rear so I'll check the engine bay asap.. If I still can't find any it's perfectly OK to fit one near the motor? Obviously once that lines cut it's cut! I assume these are the same valves you would find on small engine fuel lines? (such as portable generators)

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
Ah OK, I definitely don't have any of those in the rear so I'll check the engine bay asap.. If I still can't find any it's perfectly OK to fit one near the motor? Obviously once that lines cut it's cut! I assume these are the same valves you would find on small engine fuel lines? (such as portable generators)
Yes, it's a small check valve. I had the same problem when I installed my JDM rear wiper as well, Jwalker gave me the OEM part number and I installed mine near the wiper motor. I have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
1999 V6 Type R (white)
3 Posts
OK so I checked in the bay at the weekend and can't find anything that resembles what I need. So the last question I will ask is if any old valve will do or if anyone can recommend a seller/good quality valve I could buy? I don't want to be ripped off but don't want it failing every three months either! Cheers for all your help guys, I'm in the UK by the way so UK sellers preferred really.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts