Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um... I was just searching all through my trunk area and I was wonering if I was missing something, it doesnt look like there is any place to mount a rear strut bar in a 2.5 rs coupe, i saw 2 small areas on the floor of the trunk, right behind the back seat, are these the spots?

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
I have a 00' and there are to holes just under the rear deck where the speakers are. With a light you should be able to see your strut tops. To install a bar you will need to remove your rear seat. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i just did a set of strut bars i bought from larry ganz and let me tell you its a definite difference. the rear does the most, but is a real pain. the wiring on the passenger rear is pretty tight to begin with so you have to take care not to rip them. mine were pretty snug. great mod though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think they both make good deal of difference, I installed my front one first and immediatly wanted the rear. Not sure how everyone else did the rears, but I started by removing the back seat completely, removing portions of the interior panels, then I undid the seat belt bolts and was able to finally get to the strut tops to unscrew the bolts and mount the bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts