Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uhm yeah!! Just a little on the expensive side. I guess I could get one of those, but are there any cheaper? Hard to find, most vendors I ask if they carry them, they usually don't have anything in stock...I will keep hunting, or I will just dig in and buy one of the Syms.

-Joe

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you're mounting new GC8 stuff on a GC8, everything will fit right in, but you may want to replace the bushings and end links with new stuff. This could cost another $60 to $80 per set, but well worth the expense.

There are also new brackets that are available but I haven't changed them yet, although I'm told it's a good idea.

Ron

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
Your asking about a strut bar right? What bushings do you speak of Jersey Judge?

Anyway... Whiteline makes a rear STB for the GF8 wagons. I've got one, but have yet to install it. It is a nice peice.

Any strutbar from the GC8's will fit too, but in about 99% of the cases you'll have to cut/trim part of your interior paneling. I've only seen one rear STB that doesn't need trimmed, but it's because you don't put the covers back on. (Jan Shim has it on his wagon).

I just want to say this... WAGONS RULE!

Jon

·
Registered
169 Posts
my bad,

I thought he was talking about a sway bar!

shoulda looked before I jumped!

Just to be sure, you're both talking about a strut tower brace, right?

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I think I am gonna go with the Whiteline rear STB. It's not super $$$$ like others and is a good brand! I will put my order in soon.

jersey judge: I was starting to think you meant swaybar, by the endlinks and bushings part. And yes I just have to pick up the endlinks from a friend who has them new, but sold his car, so they were cheap ($40 for front and rear hardened endlinks) :biggest:

Thanks for all the help....and yes I must agree wagons do rule.

-Joe

·
Registered
169 Posts
Stentorian, now that I've got my head linked up with my brain, do you have a front strut brace?

Reason why I ask, is that with a heavier rear swaybar, helping to lead toward oversteer, that a front strut brace would tend to keep it toward neutral. If you added a rear strut brace without one in the front, wouldn't you tend to really push toward oversteer?

Just thinking, doesn't necessarily mean I'm right.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I don't yet. But it was going to be in the buy of front and rear strut bars. It was just that I was having trouble finding a rear one, fronts are easy too find ;) for some odd reason. I am in the process of stiffening up my whole car, less body roll, stiffer suspension etc. Not 100% sure on what I am going ot do with struts and springs....I don't really wanna pile out all the cash for a ful suspension setup until the far future, haha...Eventually gonna do a enigne swap of some kind :biggest:

-Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts