Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i went to the junk yard today and picked up a good set of rear end disk brakes from a 2000 legacy gt.. i got the whole trailing arms and all cause the guy didnt want to take the other parts off and it was faster for him to do it this way he said....

so know here is my problem: i looked at the mounts on the rear and well they seem differnt from my strut mounts that i got on my 93 impreza...

i did notice that there is 4 bolts on the rear that seem to hold the dust sheilds on and so forth and was wondering did i get the wrong stuff or am i missing something in the disassembly part of this?

i have read all kinds of things on this but i still got a few questions reguarding on how to mount them to the rear end of my car.
if you could explain a little in detail then i would appreciate it greatly or even some pictures as they speak a million words... thanks

·
Registered
93 version6 1.8L turbo 08 WRX
2,359 Posts
If your car is awd then you did get the right stuff. i would first off, take a picture of what your talking about so you get a more accurate answer. But, by going off what you said you should just strip your car to the axle, keeping the trailing arms, struts, and lat. links connected to your car. take off the trailing arms off the leggy setup. And put the whole assembly on like you got it(minus the trailing arms). Connect all the pieces to the leggy knuckles.

also! if your car is not awd, you can still use the stuff you got. instead of just taking off the trailing arms though, go ahead and remove the hubs & knuckles.

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
imprezaL2345 said:
edit: nvm :)
He was asking if the car he was putting them on was AWD.

I think he knows the LGT is AWD. But since the guy said he had a 93 impreza, he was asking if it was AWD or not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we actually found out that it is the wrong parts for my car... the perches where the strut mount are different. completely got only 1 bolt verses 2 like the one i have . the only parts that i would have been able to use off it seems to be the disks, calipers and the brackets.

my car is AWD and im trying to now locate rear brake setup again as no one locally has any of the parts i need it seems.... i guess the hubs are the biggest problem if im getting this correctly. as my drum brakes wont convert to disk with out new ones....
if im wrong then BY ALL MEANS LIST ME SOME PART NUMBERS PLEEEEEAAASSE!!! or at least some pics so i can get the feeling of what im looking at k

thank you very much

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i found out the hard way now im trying to find some but no junk yard around me has all the parts i need they have all been taken so now im on a search for some ....thanks for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts