Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000, 2.5 RS sedan, blue
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install my brakes, 02 WRX 4piston front 2piston rear, i have everything need minus an adapter plate someone said id need for the rears.
(i have an 00 2.5 rs) could someone who knows or has done this tell me where i can find what i need?

·
Registered
2000, 2.5 RS sedan, blue
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are USDM '02 WRX, I have not tried install i just was told i would need an adapter...

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
If they are '02 USDM WRX then they have 2 pot slider calipers in the front and 1 pot calipers in the rear. And some correct me if Im wrong but the rear brakes should be the same and the front rotors are a little larger so youll need the rotor and bracket (for lack of a better word).

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
If they are '02 USDM WRX then they have 2 pot slider calipers in the front and 1 pot calipers in the rear. And some correct me if Im wrong but the rear brakes should be the same and the front rotors are a little larger so youll need the rotor and bracket (for lack of a better word).
Correct :)

·
Registered
88 XT6. 2.7l H6, 4.11 5MT
565 Posts
definitely correct. USDM '02 WRXs didn't get 4 piston fronts and 2 piston rears. caliper bracket designs changed a bit year to year, I don't remember the differences, but if you get the whole loaded caliper, you won't have to worry about whether your calipers will bolt to the WRX brackets.

·
Registered
2000, 2.5 RS sedan, blue
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well then they are not 02... they came with the car when i got it the guy told me they were 02... they are red say subaru on them the front is 4 piston the rear is 2 piston... does that make them 06+ then? maybe i should take a picture of them

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
True but red usually means they are from the 06-07 WRX, but I think the 22b had a red 4/2 pot brakes. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts