Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the wagon thing and was wondering if any one ever mounted the batter in the rear of the car? if so could u show me pic's. that would be great.

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
edit: battery,my bad

I think there have been a few people who have done it. It's a lot of work for not too much gain IMO.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was mostly trying to clear that spot in the engine bay. i could run a smaller battery. it's not like i am going to run lots of speakers and subs. i was thinking of putting it where the spare tire is since i don't use it anyways. just seeing if any one has done it.

·
Premium Member
2002 Aspen White WRX (sedan)
2,402 Posts
Spare tire is designed to be where its at for structural support. But as for relocating the battery, you basically just need some 4ga wire for power and ground and a battery rack for wherever you mount it. A few connectors and to just run the wires under the carpet.

Im sure google would bring up some diy or something.

·
Registered
'88 911 Carrera 3.2
222 Posts
Mine's relocated to the rear and it's very worth it if you're into performance. If you're using it as a daily driver, it's probably not worth it. In mine, it's an Odyssey PC680 mounted in the rear right, giving me a 15lb battery back there instead of a 35lb battery up front. Any weight you can pull to the back of the car will help in the overall balance of the car and that's a big weight.

I mounted mine on the flat to the right of the spare tire well, but did have to cut a little of the interior panel to make enough room there. I'll try and get some pictures this weekend at the next autocross, since I'll have the back emptied out again.
-N

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT Wagon
1,021 Posts
If you relocate your battery besure to put a sticker on your car either in the engine compartment or somewhere visable. If you ever get in an accident, firefighters need to know where it is so they can cut the power.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya if you could get a pic of where u put the battery that would be great. im trying to get a little more weight in the back. i wanted to put the battery where the spare tire was cause i some times have to use all my trunk space. and i would also be going with a smaller battery.

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts