Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AYVI Motorsports
White 98 Impreza/06WRX
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted A thread on this a while back and i thought I had finally figured out the problem but i hadn't.

The problem: i can't get my left rear wheel to toe out enough, even with the adjustment bolt at full out there is still around probably 1/8" of toe in on that side.

Other symptoms: the left wheel is about 1/4" further forward in the wheel well then the right.

What I've checked: pretty much Every suspension piece lat links, transverse links compared side to side to be sure they are not bent.

Possible problem areas:

The problem started when I did a rear hub conversion. there i think it has something to do with the hub. When i did the conversion a pressed in new group n bushings getto style. I thought that the bushing being in wrong could effect the toe, and it looks a little crooked, but they way in is i think it would give more toe out.

the hub being bent: i dont think this could happen since it it a cast piece and would break before bending. (94 legacy turbo hubs)

any other bushing being in wrong, possible but it seems like when i attach the transverse link it pulls it in? not sure though.

the strut on that corner for some reason is different then all the others on the car. however i dont think that this would effect it since the struts have always been like that and the issue only started after i changed the hubs.

PLEASE HELP i am totally stumped on this. soon im just going to have to start buying new parts :devil:

·
AYVI Motorsports
White 98 Impreza/06WRX
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, I'll give this one more chance. Anyone know how/if the rear trailing link bushing could effect toe. Ill update this with current alignment specs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts