Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have how finished the intake for the 2002 rs. You will have to put a WRX or a WRC replica, www.pkzero.com , hood on the car but it the best cold air set up for the car.

If you are interested you can contact me directly or get ahold of www.pkzero.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have any dyno results for this. Are you also going to be selling them for $300 or are we going to get discount, one more ? your saying that the MY02 needs a hood scoop for obvious reasons. But will 99+ need the larger one also or will it fit

sphinx

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sphinx said:
Do you have any dyno results for this. Are you also going to be selling them for $300 or are we going to get discount, one more ? your saying that the MY02 needs a hood scoop for obvious reasons. But will 99+ need the larger one also or will it fit

sphinx
Right now I'm still at $300.00. I bet if PKzero gets a big responce they will order enough to where I can discount them and he can pass it on to you guys. The stock scoop will work just fine on the 2000-2001 rs's, but I will have a larger scoop coming very soon. As far as dyno numbers, I don't have any yet. If richard feels like it he can tell you what he thinks of his. I DO plan on working on dyno numbers very soon.

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
I've been in obsidian's car with and without this intake. He is hitting much higer speeds now, and the sound! I love it. It sounds like a totally free breathing N/A motor gone wild. At cruising and idle, there is no noise increase, at wide open throttle it screems. pkZero will be offering another version of this intake to be included in the stage 3 of the soon to be released PDE Supercharger kit for the 2.5 cars. Stage 3 adds a front mount, different pulley for more boost, bigger injectors, and Sean's intake. I'm sure we will be able to modify the intake for stage 3, if you were to purchase one now.
Kevin,
www.pkZero.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
FaLeX said:
have you noticed any problems w/ water going into the engine bay?
Ditto. I want that intake, but if there a chance of water getting in, must go with Cobb. Can a bypass valve be retro'd into that bend?

- Tokay

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
Bypass valves are for intakes that suck air, or puddles of water, through the lower fender of the car. This would solve nothing. Sean is working on a wet weather block off plate for those super rainy days. Now, with my WRC hood's huge vents exposing my air filter on my old intake, the car only got faster when the filter was soaked. The mist that made it to the cylinders essentialy cooled the air further and slightly raised the compression ratio. Bypass valves are put higher in the intake tract to allow air to be sucked in if the intake inlet becomes submerged in water. Sean's filter is at the highest point of the egine bay. If you can submerge that, you have bigger problems!:nuetron:
Kevin,
www.pkZero.com

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
This is a pic of my hood. Notice how huge the vents are? My filter used to sit directly under one of those vents. It rained hard, no problems. Sean's intake would get wet during rain, but no where near the soaking my filter saw.

·
Registered
41 Posts
scoobyrs25 said:
I've been in obsidian's car with and without this intake. He is hitting much higer speeds now, and the sound! I love it. It sounds like a totally free breathing N/A motor gone wild. At cruising and idle, there is no noise increase, at wide open throttle it screems. pkZero will be offering another version of this intake to be included in the stage 3 of the soon to be released PDE Supercharger kit for the 2.5 cars. Stage 3 adds a front mount, different pulley for more boost, bigger injectors, and Sean's intake. I'm sure we will be able to modify the intake for stage 3, if you were to purchase one now.
Kevin,
www.pkZero.com
Hi scoobyrs25

don't want to hijack this thread...

can you post some more info & pics in the "Force Induction Forum" about the PDE Supercharger kit...:biggest: thanks

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
I really shouldn't. Just know that it will use a Vortech supercharger mounted with cnc'd aluminum brakets on the driver's side. It will come with a smaller battery relocated to the other side. We'll post pics and true specs when it is ready.
Kevin,
www.pkZero.com

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have had this intake on my car for ove2 years now and have had on water injestion problems. There is enough of a gap around the intake box and the front of the scoop that most of the water falls off before it gets to the box. I also run a K&N filter, with this filter being oiled it helps repeal the water also. I drive the car every day and rally it on the weekends. I have gone through water crosses deep enough to have water come over my hood and into the scoop, and then drive through the dirt and dust. This has never givin me any kind of problem. Add to this the fact that my lazy ass never feels like working on my own car, so the filter never gets cleaned. I have never felt a power loss even after driving with the filter covered in what ends up being mud after months of never cleaning it.

I will be coming out with a louvered cover for the filter for those of you that might still be worried about water. www.pkzero.com will also be doing a Carbon fiber piece that will seal the box to the hood for those of you that want to maximize the forced air into the filter.

sean

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sil
67 Posts
TMRRALLY said:

Right now I'm still at $300.00. I bet if PKzero gets a big responce they will order enough to where I can discount them and he can pass it on to you guys. The stock scoop will work just fine on the 2000-2001 rs's, but I will have a larger scoop coming very soon. As far as dyno numbers, I don't have any yet. If richard feels like it he can tell you what he thinks of his. I DO plan on working on dyno numbers very soon.
Hi TMRRALLY,

I am willing to do dyno testing on your intake using the same method as I have done with the Intake Silencer Removal Dyno Chart:
http://forums.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218488

If you are not willing to give me the intake in the process, I am willing to ship it back to you, if you are willing to pay for the return shipping.

Note that I am willing to test and analyze the data on your intake on my own free time. I am also willing to give you the full data set and result.

What do you think?

Chieh
--
Chieh's Web - http://Chieh.CameraHacker.com/

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To be honest I was trying to stay away from posting it over there purely because of all the crap post that will come of it. This is a RS part and I don't need to here abunch of wrx guys tell me it looks ricey. But I did reply to the thread and I will now see what comes of it.

Chieh, I will take you up on that offer!! I am pm'ing you right now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't see how anyone would think that this rice. . .Just because it's not some metal tubing going to the fender. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it put up some pretty good results from the dyno.

Sphinx

1 - 20 of 35 Posts