Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
cant see the video at work :( but i had an insane rattling noise in my truck when my cat converter started breaking down inside and rattling around. couldnt figure it out for ever. finally started hitting the exhause with a hammer to try to recreate the problem and found it.
check out your cat. it was my beater truck so i pounded it out and was good to go!

good luck!

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
Instead of making a video of this rattle noise to ask people what it is and wait for it to upload on youtube take your foot and push down on the muffler and see if the rattling stops. If it goes away boom you found what's causing it and something is probably hitting it. Only person who can pinpoint it for you is yourself. Throw on some dirty clothes and stick your head under and give a look.

·
Backroad Warrior
97 LGT, 02 OBS, 99 OBS
2,456 Posts
Instead of making a video of this rattle noise to ask people what it is and wait for it to upload on youtube take your foot and push down on the muffler and see if the rattling stops. If it goes away boom you found what's causing it and something is probably hitting it. Only person who can pinpoint it for you is yourself. Throw on some dirty clothes and stick your head under and give a look.
^^Now this is some good advice^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.