Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front driver speaker in my RS rattles.
What could be causing it and what can I do to fix it?
would changing to aftermarket speakers fix the problem?
anybody have recommendations for some 6-1/2" speakers that will fit our doors?

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
rattling? what kind of rattling? when music is playing? well, anyways, i just installed Kick Resolution RS6 in my car. putting 100 watt RMS per side. no rattling for me. if i was going to recommend speakers, those are the ones i would recommend. if you modify the stock mount for the stock speakers, the RS6 would fit right in.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sort of like a buzzing sound coming from the speaker area on bass notes. Forgot to mention that I have the stock stereo.
when I push down on the speaker cover while I'm driving, it stops buzzing.
I'd rather not modify the speakers or mount to make them fit.
any other choices that I can pretty much just drop in?

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Well, for me... the whole door panel itself vibrated. I only really noticed it when the bass beats though. What I ended up doing is pulling of the door panel and putting some viscous stuff on the back of the panel. Something like tar (that's why it's all over the floor boards and stuff) is good, I used some extra silicon goo that I had left over from a JDM tail light install.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yikes! that's more than I'm willing to do. If the rattling doesn't hurt the car, then I'll have to live with it. maybe I'll just turn down the bass :curse:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine did that too, it was my passenger front speaker. It happened while the car was still under warranty though so I just told them to fix it and that was the end of it. From my experience with audio systems I'm sure my problem was the actual speaker. I'd have to hear your problem to guess at it but vibrating sounds while bass tones are hitting is a good sign that the speaker is blown or damaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts