Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong space. I’m new to the forums and cars in general.

Got a new to me 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS recently. The cigarette lighter hasn't been working. After pulling the dash apart I found that it wasn’t plugged in. I’m guessing one of these plugs does it (images below). I just don’t know which to put on and I don’t wanna risk using the wrong one and causing a short. Anyone able to help me out? I know there should be a power and ground wire. I just have too many options.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
907 Posts
Yellow with red stripe goes to the tab in the inside, the black wire with the foam taped on it goes to the tab on the outside.

The all black wire with the black plug is the ground for the stereo's bracket. There's a tab that sticks out on one side. I think it helps to reduce noise from the engine, but I'm not positive. And I don't remember what the orange/white and orange/black plug does, but it's in the right area that it may be for the ashtray bulb.

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks a ton!
Edit: Just finished fixing this, worked first try. Though I don’t have an ashtray so I’m missing the bulb. Thanks again, couldn’t find this info on Google.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts