Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
97 JDM STI V3
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

OK guys.
New product here, we've been working on this one with the help of JDMGary and it's 99% ready......we've just sent the first two panels to JDMGary and DavidA for fit confirmation, as soon as they confirm all is OK we'll start production.

We estimate cutting will take around 10 days, powdercoating another 10 days. To be safe we're saying that these will be ready to ship on the 2nd January.

Spec:
Fits USDM 93-01 Impreza.
1.2mm stainless steel, laser cut.
Forces more air though your radiator which means better cooling.
Slight angle down the center to allow a tighter fit and adds strength to the cooling panel.
Powdercoated finish which will be available in wrinkle black, satin silver, glossy white and wrinkle red.

Shipping info:
Express shipping - comes with DHL, takes around 3-5 days. Tracking 100% accurate.
Regular shipping - comes with the USPS, takes around 10-20 days. Tracking not always accurate and is often updated slowly.
Buyer is responsible for any import duty. DON'T CHOOSE REGULAR SHIPPING AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT SHIPPING TIMES PLEASE! If you want it fast just pay for the express shipping!

Price:
With express shipping: $82
With regular shipping: $72

I want one!
Drop us a PM or an email at [email protected] - we can then send you an invoice via PayPal and put your name on the pre-order list. As soon as the stock comes back from fabrication/powdercoat we'll ship it to you!

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,115 Posts
How is fitment for cars with stock JDM radiators? I assume it SHOULD fit, but I thought i'd ask.

They look great!

·
Registered
97 JDM STI V3
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
97 JDM STI V3
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have any data to show the design actually increase cooling/better air flow?
No data, just every single race/track Impreza I've ever seen uses one. I suppose that's all the data you really need.

Using this closes the massive gap where the slam panel meets the top of the rad. In theory a lot of air escapes through that gap.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
No data, just every single race/track Impreza I've ever seen uses one. I suppose that's all the data you really need.

Using this closes the massive gap where the slam panel meets the top of the rad. In theory a lot of air escapes through that gap.
I actually can test it for you with Torque app/OBD2 to observe coolant temp reading from ECU to compare with vs w/out cooling panel.

·
Registered
97 JDM STI V3
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually can test it for you with Torque app/OBD2 to observe coolant temp reading from ECU to compare with vs w/out cooling panel.
Would you be testing it on track or on the road?
We'd be able to perform a similar test ourselves on a JDM STI but then it's not a fair comparison.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
Would you be testing it on track or on the road?
We'd be able to perform a similar test ourselves on a JDM STI but then it's not a fair comparison.
My commute is 30 miles on highway, constant speed 70 mph freeway w/out traffic should give a very accurate results. I'd try to do on similar temperature, 2 continuous day, same direction, same time of the day to get better results.

·
Registered
'05 Forester XS
211 Posts
I've been hoping for this to be in the works. And to hear it's going out soon, I'm bubbling with excitement!

...Or it just might be the Taco Bell.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts