Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Kuhmo Rally tires. I noticed that they do not come in 195/60-15 which is the OE size for Subies. They do, however come in 195/65-15 which is slightly taller profile.Has anyone used these tires, or found a more suitable size? I like the Kuhmos because seem like a great value, but I don't want to spend the cash if I wear all the tread off on my fender. Thanks is advance.

-Andy

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
i have R700s in 205/65/15 and they kick ass. OMG, they are so much fun on gravel. they give an amazing amount of grip. BTW, these are mounted on 15x7 Raceline 7's. very fun tire.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Yep, thats what i'm running. I drive on them every day and they are great. The 205 clears everything with no problem. Let me know If you come across anyone that has them instock, I need 1or 2 of them right now and Tire Rack is out and waiting on the next container.

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
btw, subie gal is selling a set of rally tires... i would love to get a set, but i can't even afford an used set. :(

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
damn, TMRRALLY, you are hardcore. i wouldn't want to drive them on the street. by 30mph it sounds like you have a jet turbine attached to the car and its up to full thrust :) and while is was amazed at how little they wore even though they did a number of miles on tarmac (at the speed limit, not pushing), i would imagine they wouldn't last too long. how are yours holding up? also, have you driven them in the snow?

·
Registered
150 Posts
TMRRALLY said:
Yep, thats what i'm running. I drive on them every day and they are great. The 205 clears everything with no problem. Let me know If you come across anyone that has them instock, I need 1or 2 of them right now and Tire Rack is out and waiting on the next container.
I know they are out of 175/65-14 also we need 3 more for the steamboat club rally.

there are none in the usa till november.

We are ordering ours from canada there a little bit more per tire and 185/65-14 but a little wide is better then no tires.

Erik S.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I love the way they sound, but I could see it bugging some people. So far I have about 6 months or more on the tires. I drift on tarmac every chance I get, and they are holding up very well except for the pass. side front. I really need to get the car all aligned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts