Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to this forum, lots of good stuff so far. Does anybody know the rules for motor swaps? I've been going through rally americas rules and they don't say anything about it. Lots of turbo regulation info but thats it. Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
01 Black RS, 04 WRB STi
516 Posts
Brand new to this forum, lots of good stuff so far. Does anybody know the rules for motor swaps? I've been going through rally americas rules and they don't say anything about it. Lots of turbo regulation info but thats it. Any help would be great, thanks.
I assume you are referring to subarus? I don't think it matters which make / model it is anyway, but i'm pretty sure any motor swap is going to require you to run in Open class.

You definitely cannot do swaps in PGT or Production.

·
Registered
1998, subaru, impreza L black
650 Posts
I have seen an EJ251 swapped L run in G2...
I dont proclame to know anything about RallyX i am would hazard a guess that eather your region doesnt know about the car or they just so relaxed they dont care. thats seems to be trends in AutoX at least

·
Registered
1 dead RS, 1 '06 WRX, 1 '91 SS
1,089 Posts
This was Rally-America. Not the SCCA :)
The driver had no problem talking about the swap, which I found interesting. I'm not quite sure how it worked out he was in G2.

·
Registered
1 dead RS, 1 '06 WRX, 1 '91 SS
1,089 Posts
FWD.
Yes it should have been in G5, but I think the reasoning might have had something to do with the fact that there was no one in G5, and only a few people in G2. I think the G2 guys agreed to let him compete in G2.

It's ok, we beat him anyways :)

·
Registered
GF8
938 Posts
I know that the car has to be registered street legal; as far as emissions go (if you have them) it has to be able to pass to be street legal.. (here in socal)

-Kurt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts