Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of you dont race your cars on dirt.. but what would you run if you rally xed......

HAS to be a 15 inch rim....

Braid?
Speedline?
Revolution?
Sparco?

what you got?

·
Registered
1997 Impreza Brighton
491 Posts
+1 for DirtyImpreza... but I think I remember seeing Nemesis over there already.

I run on Legacy alloy wheels now.
Have run on stock Impreza steelies, but they're hard to handle (heavy and nowhere to grab).
Used to run on Forester steel "clovers", but they bend really easily. Avoid using the silver Forester steelies.

I see a lot of people use Team Dynamics, which are reasonably priced and pretty light. I've seen them at stage rallies too, so you shouldn't need to worry about them for rallycross.
I've also seen a ton of the wheels listed in your original post at rallies, but those are a bit pricier. I think I see Braids and Speedlines most, but have definitely seen a few Sparcos too.

If you find a deal on the Legacy wheels though, I have no complaint. Can be found for dirt cheap, they're light, and I haven't heard of one failing. Check your local Craigslist.

·
Registered
'00 2.5rs coupe
1,628 Posts
Stock L steelies or some old Legacy wheels ... you're not a professional racer, you don't need dedicated rally wheels that cost more than the car.

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,905 Posts
Braids are awesome, never thought I would have people drooling over my 15" wheels lol

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS - Black
227 Posts
Older legacy 15s are great if you're running stock brakes, but they won't fit on over any of the wrx brakes (2 pot or 4 pot fronts).

I'd like to run the Team Dynamics. Good price, good looks, solid wheels.

Although if I could find a set of cheaper 15s that clear the 4 pots, that would be nice for rally cross. The Sport Edition E3 wheels work, but they don't make the any more, and the newer A7 wheels don't clear either of the wrx brakes without a spacer of some sort.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have these and they clear over my legacy 15s… ill have to mount a 4 pot and see if they clear. i was just looking for some thing a lil tougher

·
Registered
99WhiteMock22B/10TeslaRoadster
6,659 Posts
Back when I did it more often, I used a set of old legacy turbo wheels... I beat on those things for rally and ice-x and had no issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts