Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn! Petter was SO close to second place. You know, I have really had enough of those Peugot guys and their cars. Do you think Subaru has a very good car this year? I think the new car was a change for the worse, personally. The car just doesn't seem a agile. Any other opinions?

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
It is too bad the car isn't the best this year....hopefully they will make some much needed modifications for next year.

I was really hoping that Petter would get 2nd this time... ;)

I think everyone is tired of the Pugs at the top...they have already sealed the championship...why not let someone else have a chance at the podium!!

Petter has the talent..just the car to be more consistent.

T

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder how well Gronholm would do in a suby. How much of it is the car, and how much is the driver? Burns doesn't seem to be doing so well in his Peugot. Makes ya wonder 'bout that Gronholm guy....

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Burns has been quite fast in the second half of the season. he's just been pulling McRaes :) Personally, I think on gravel the subaru is certainly the best of the rest and argueably on par with the pugs. but the pugs clearly have more power then everyone else. if you look at the stage times, the scoobes are right there on the tight and twisty ones, but then on the open ones, the pugs just fly. Oh, and Gronholm is an incredibly talented driver. I agree, it would be interesting to see him in another car (Schumacher did win before Ferrari anyway) but this guy one the championship in his first full season and he has dominated this year. the other people in pugs (who are no slouches behind the wheel either) can't keep up with him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts