Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza GF8 Wagon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ll keep it short and sweet. Looking to raise the motor on my gf8. Is this a possibility or am I stupid? Any links to threads already created by this? Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Raising the motor wouldn't do anything for ground clearance as the subframe is still mounted to the unibody. You can raise the body and suspension mounting points to fit larger tires which would earn you some ground clearance. Another option is to use forester struts/springs but this will throw your geometry off and you'll need to space some things anyway. Are you looking to build an off road rig?

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza GF8 Wagon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raising the motor wouldn't do anything for ground clearance as the subframe is still mounted to the unibody. You can raise the body and suspension mounting points to fit larger tires which would earn you some ground clearance. Another option is to use forester struts/springs but this will throw your geometry off and you'll need to space some things anyway. Are you looking to build an off road rig?

Ah, yes that makes sense, didn't even consider the subframe. I do have a new project I plan on going on. Appreciate your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts