Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs BRP
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if im in the right area but recently i have sprung a leak in my radiator. once my car gets warm and running it will start to make a hissing noise and i see the wetness. and then my temp gauge will go sky high im assuming thats from air getting into the cooling system but back to why i posted this. is it safe to put stop leak in my cooling system the car is turbo charged but im not sure if those radiator sealants are safe?

·
Registered
2004 silver WRX
897 Posts
Radiator stop leak is not really a permanent fix it's a temporary fix so i would buy a new radiator. Import image sells aluminum ones for 225. I have bought one and it is really nice quality and it's not too much more then what you would pay for a less the oem quality radiator.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
radiatorbarn.com has them for 150 shipped. if you have an RS then get the one for the Outback Sport.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Don't use the stop leak. If the radiator plastic is cracked, drain the radiator dry and patch it with liquid steel or similar until your new one arrives. Keep some containers of water in the car.

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs BRP
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
so heres the thing found the leak its a small one so i will replace it. when my car was getting hot my heat was cool???? and the top of my rad was hot and the lower was air temp. im thinking that maybe my thermostat is shot and not opening. which caused my rad to pop. everything was running perfect till i took my rad out yesterday and put it back in. i did run the car for about a min with the rad out and no coolant in the system.would that affect anything?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts