Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure where to put this so I'll just post it here in the General section. I installed a Radiator Cover from Primitive yesterday. Basically it's a baffel that prevents air from going over the radiator. It covers the space between the upper support and top tank making the air go through the radiator. The foam strip between the two on my car started coming apart. So for me it served two purposes. One it makes the air go the right direction and two covered up the weather stripping that's coming apart.

Details here:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=440

It looks like this:

Nice part and Paul at Primitive is always good to deal with.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Looks good! Seems easy enough to install, but the price is kind of high for me right now.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is super easy to install. I agree it is pricey. My guess is for two reasons. It appears to have lots of cuts and bends. It may be lazer cut. Although it looks simple enough it fits perfectly, it's probably is a chore to manufacture. That plus my guess is there isn't a huge market for them. If they made a ton, I'm betting they would be cheaper.

Myself I'm at the tail end of mods for my car. There aren't too many other things I want to do and stay NA. I'm putting on finishing touches here and there :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts