Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was cleaning out my links and came across this one...

click me!

Forgot I had it... anyway just sharing the information. I think I might have to pick one up.

The 93-98 Impreza radiator is a 2-row with a 53mm (2 1/16") thick core

It's a big'n, much more capacity :drool:

I've been e-mailing back and forth with the company the last week or so and have most the information I need. If anyone wants to know something, just ask.

Anyone beats me to ordering one, please let me know.

Jon

·
Registered
646 Posts
Are the hoses the same? After all I don't want to get a radiator it its going to take some extra fabricating.

·
at apex, on throttle
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hose locations and fittings are identical to the stock hoses. :biggest:

Well if things go well and I can sell enough parts (pulleys, short shifters, swaybar links, & IHI Turbos) I will pick one up shortly... this is all dependent on sales. :boxer:

I still need to save for a Haltech E6K too! :(

I'm taking all donations/sponsors at this time.

Jon

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
it probably won't keep the actual temp any different since that's controled by the thermostat. what it will do, is allow the engine to produce more heat and still be sufficently cooled.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
FYI - If you are running a turbo car, stick in a 160 degree thermostat. Cooler engine means less detonation, so you can run more boost and get more power.

My Typhoon runs a 160 degree thermostat, and compared to the 190 they had in there stock (what were they thinking?) I have ZERO knock now.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i'm with top dog.. is the one on top of the page for our RS's or what? I was just thinking that since it's labeled for a 2.2L shouldn't the one for a 2.5L be bigger? :eek:

·
at apex, on throttle
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well I asked them and they said that the mounting is a little different between 1993-97 and 1998-01. My guess would be that it could be made to fit without much trouble. (Maybe they've never tried to put one in a later model Impreza

Oh got more specs from them.. It's 2 row and 53mm thick!!! That would be nice... wonder if I'll have fan clearance issues.

Also They don't offer any coolant hoses so we need someone to make us some silicon ones.. I've got a message into Adam at Z1 performance as he can make custom ones.

Got them to put a picture up on the site too!

Thanks - Jon

If anyone wants to donate some money to me, I'll put it towards the purchase of one of these.

Now as for the 160 degree thermostat... Tell me where to find one. We don't have much selection for subaru's, unless you want to spend a ton on HKS or other JDM aftermarket ones (too pricey).

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
MY00 Impreza 2.5RS
174 Posts
Hey Jon, why do you need custom hoses. The inlet and outlet are in the same place as the stock one. There are silicone replaces made for my car and most likely for yours. Unless the contections are bigger in diameter, than you'll need something different.

·
at apex, on throttle
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have yet been able to find replacement silicon hoses for Any of the subaru's who coolant outlet/inlets are on the corners, not in the middle like my wife's Legacy and the WRX.

Plus Just like the USDM EJ20T -vs- EJ25 the coolant and thermostat set-up on the bottom is different.

Jon

·
Registered
MY00 Impreza 2.5RS
174 Posts
omahasubaru said:
I have yet been able to find replacement silicon hoses for Any of the subaru's who coolant outlet/inlets are on the corners, not in the middle like my wife's Legacy and the WRX.
Jon
The outlet and inlet are the same on the v.3-6 WRX's.
This is off Samco's website. This kit is listed as,
TCS87/C : Impreza STI Vers 3/4/5/6 `UK 98

Big one on the right is is the radiator inlet and the other is the outlet.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Any listing on price for the radiator hoses? how about for the other hoses? any one?

Whats involved in taking the radiator out in the first place?

·
at apex, on throttle
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Radiator is easy to remove.. bolts at bottom braces at top and 2 hoses... oh and drain it before you take it out! :D

Pat,

Where can one get these hoses?? I only need the radiator ones though, don't need the whole kit.

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
MY00 Impreza 2.5RS
174 Posts
omahasubaru said:
Radiator is easy to remove.. bolts at bottom braces at top and 2 hoses... oh and drain it before you take it out! :D

Pat,

Where can one get these hoses?? I only need the radiator ones though, don't need the whole kit.

Thanks - Jon
You might contact Dale Teague or any other places vendors that sell the Samco Intercooler hoses for the WRX. Give them the part number and see if they can track downt eh part numbers for just the hoses.

·
at apex, on throttle
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
joefocker20 said:
IS it lighter than stock/
Don't know, you might want to contact the company... I'd say if it is, it won't be by much since it is so much larger. Probablly very similar if not more weight... Do you know how much the stock one weighs??? I don't.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts