Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 2.5RS STM
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like they have them for pre-order and sets available in February.

http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/subaru-coilover-kits/subaru-impreza-gc-coilover-kit.html

And we already know that some people will bitch and say that they are pieces of shit, some will praise them, and some will say that even though they suck I will buy them because I wanna go low, I'm broke, and my stock struts are blown...

Anyway, we all know that the dub (VW) scene is all over them. I even rocked a set on my MK4 a few years back - they were well not "amazing" but not terrible either. They got me pretty damn low, road good unless you hit a hard ass bump, and handled alot better than my 4x4 stance prior.

I might decide to pick up a set, but also look at other options like BC, Megan, etc.

Discuss...

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
Seeings how this thread is about coilovers I do have one question.
How do you tell how much torque is one one coilover compared to its partner? You use a basic tool to adjust them, is there a scale on the side of the shock?

·
Registered
1994 Subaru Impreza sedan
50 Posts
I've always heard raceland coilovers suck and have horrible spring rates. is this true? or do u guys think these coilovers will be a nice ride. cuz if so i know where my tax monies goin :)

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
My bro has a set on his Legacy and I have a set on my Jetta and we both enjoy them. I haven't been nice to my suspension since I've moved to the mountains and they haven't shown any sign of failure still. Easily worth the price to me.
Sounds like they stand up to the abuse of being on a car heavier than they are made for, I think that says something. I havent seen any complaints from JAC Wagon yet, I think he has the GD set.

No news is good news... or he is too busy fixing them to post, lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.