Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so excited. My ex-boyfriend and I went out to play in the snow with our cars. He has a Eagle Talon Turbo, up-graded turbo, down pipe with other little goodies. I have a 2000 RS, with just air intake and full cat-back exhaust. We both were using our stock wheels and tires. Well we lined them up and to my suprise the first run I beat him by 1 1/2 car lengths. Then the second run I told him to take an easier start so that he would not spin so much and I would launch it tring to spin. Well even in the second run I still beat him by 1/2 car length. It was great. I had heard that the Subaru AWD system was better than the Talon's but I wanted to find out first hand and I did. Of course I also had to free style it for a little while as well. These things are so much fun in the snow. :biggest:

Kristi

I just had to share my experience with you guys

·
Registered
77 Posts
good kill.
what kinda tires did each of you have? that can make all the difference in the world. if you had your stock RE92's and he had high preformance summer tires on, that would explain everything.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I believe you are correct. Just looking at the tred patterns you can tell my stock RS tires are much better for the snow than his. However i still beat him so I am happy. Oh course I would like to race him again if he could buy better snow tires and see what the difference is then. ;)

Kristi

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn another girl tearing it up huh!!
Hell Ya!!

Very impressive. U can control ur RS pretty well huh?>>
What can I say, I have watched a few too many Option Videos.
Being able to snow drift in an all-wheel drive car is a blast. To answer your question, I would say I can handle my own. I would love to get involved in some auto-X's but i am just too fearfull of messing up my car because I really do not have that kind of money to fix it.

Thanks for the props.;)

Kristi

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CriboRS,

I was just looking back over your comment to me about the tires. I was not watching what you were saying. We both actually had our snow wheels and tires on. I was agreeing to your statement that I had my stock RE92's back on. He also had his stock wheels and tires back on but I do not remember the brand of tire he was using. But as I was saying the tread patterns on my stock RE92's were a little more knobby than his tries. It was not that much of a difference, and my ex-boyfriend agreed with me on the tread pattern difference. He did not think it was that much of a difference, he just believed the all-wheel drive system on my car is better than his and of course my driving skills are better.

Kristi:biggest:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts