• srt-4

Votes: 3 16.7%
101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Banned for not posting nude party pics.
2009 2.5i Hatch
1,956 Posts
8:10 SRT > RS???? at auto-x ??

Damn! I smoked all of the once at my local auto-x :) all two of them heheehehehe :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
AzN STi IMPREZA said:
call me ignorant car enthusiast?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA. hahahahahaha.

again. everyone has their opinions. u think the srt4 is a great amazing car. good for you.

my opinion is this, SRT4 is good car for the price. I dont give it respect. i'd rather ride a fucking bicycle around town than a S (Shitty) R( retared) T (Turd) 4.

to me, the SRT4 is americas way of copying Japanese tuning. 4 cylinder turbo.

SRt4 sucks. I hope that comment pissed off all of asstards in here. because pissing you off makes me happy.

stock rs > stock srt4

bitches.
Go back to the orient you cock. Maybe you should do some research before you start flapping your mouth like a dumbass to prove just how worthless your opinion is. Chrysler started the whole 4 cylinder turbo market back in the 80's. Open your eyes, you squinty-eyed penis.

·
Registered
2010 Impreza 2.5i 5-door, 5-sp
2,124 Posts
LOL! :rotflmao:
THIS THREAD RULES!!! HA HA HA!

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
How can anyone compare a SRT-4 to a RS or any Impreza?
Sure the Dodge is fast as hell, espically once you get to 40-50 MPH. but I for one would get tired of wheel hopping 1-2-3 gears every time I'm trying to accelerate fast.
To WOT 1-2-3 shifts like we do in our RS would be scarry in the dodge. The thing bounces/hops/chatters when you get on it in low gears. IIRC, all SRT-4's have a LSD standard because they NEED it. The thing wouldn't work at all without one. 400HP Imprezas can be way more balanced/neutral/safe than the stock SRT-4 IMO.

GM's interest in FHI is 20% and it helps Subaru, as we have seen the last few months. FHI needs money, and the SAABaru 9-3 models will infuse FHI with more $$$ which trickles down to better Subaru cars. I even heard SOA lowered prices on some parts? Even if that is true, it's still unreal for any car company to do that. In 2001 there were zero new turbo Subaru cars, and now every model they make is/will be available with a turbo H-4. Subaru is on the rise, and GM is one of the reasons. Yep, the GM partnership is a very good thing for us, IMO. GM gets cars, FHI gets money.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Rice boy? Go back to Japan? :lol:
Yeah, um, this is a site for owners of a JAPANESE car.
Maybe I should direct the FWD Mopar crowd to go piss on their own tree?
Besides, everyone knows real Mopars are RWD with big block wedges.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ampsarus said:
Sure the Dodge is fast as hell, espically once you get to 40-50 MPH. but I for one would get tired of wheel hopping 1-2-3 gears every time I'm trying to accelerate fast.
To WOT 1-2-3 shifts like we do in our RS would be scarry in the dodge. The thing bounces/hops/chatters when you get on it in low gears. IIRC, all SRT-4's have a LSD standard because they NEED it. The thing wouldn't work at all without one.
I WOT shift 1st through 3rd and I don't have any of this bouncing, hopping, or chattering that you're talking about. If you rode in one and it did that then maybe the driver needs to take a class on how to shift. The only time there's a problem with wheel hop is if I launch too hard. If I launch it properly there's a little healthy wheel spin and it's off.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
When I drove one the wheels were busting loose in 1-2-3 going straight, even more tendancy to do so when turning. Poor tires have to do all of the traction/cornering/steering/braking. I feel sorry for them.
Ergo, I need to learn how to drive. I'll call Sears and take a class.

·
Registered
00' RS SRP, 00' Ver.8 RS swap
654 Posts
God Dammit son, its a fucking NEON. PUT 2 and 2 together. FWD is one wheel spinning unless if you start to slip. And the whole arguement about the steering and hitting a tree, its true. The overall control will be shit compare to an impreza. Oh yea and if you want straight line speed think about this. Depending on the condition of your impreza its worth about 9000 to 12000. Your little shitty neon is 20K so say there is a 9000 difference. Use that extra 9000 to put a turbo and some nice wheels and a suspension on the impreza. Then you'll have at least 250hp and there ya go, better control, more speed, and a much better looking car. Doesn't that make more sense? Anybody please tell me if i make sense or not. Oh yea if you do that, you "gots da turbo" on a car that is suited much better for it. And I know few more huge mother fuckas who make wanna kick your ass for just thinking about a neon.

·
Registered
02 RS, 97 brighton
105 Posts
Depending on the condition of your impreza its worth about 9000 to 12000. Your little shitty neon is 20K so say there is a 9000 difference. Use that extra 9000 to put a turbo and some nice wheels and a suspension on the impreza. Then you'll have at least 250hp and there ya go, better control, more speed, and a much better looking car.
Its dumb comparing things like that, hell i could get a miata for allot less then 9K and then take the rest and walk all over the impreza. There will be better and faster cars people get over it. Once you start modding all of the above does not count anymore. The thread was talking about stock for stock, yes that is stupid but that's what its about.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
FWD does not automatically mean only 1 wheel is driven. Go to who ever told you that and kick him in the mouth so he'll stop flaping bad info. A neon srt-4 with a LSD will be driving BOTH WHEELS when going straight. Jeez.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
wow......didnt think it would go on for this long lol
thread had some good points about both cars
some people thou r just plain idiots on here that dont know what the hell they r talking about and made everybody dumn just by looking at what they wrote..

any by the way i was talking about new cars
04 rs vs 04 srt
some u were starting on doing engine swaps on lower models??? :screwy:

overal good descussion!!!!!!!!!!!lol

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,212 Posts
I raced one, from a roll from 40mph. The fucker sprayed on me and pulled away, NOT by much though! :gaga:
I did start catching him at high speeds.

F a spray! :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
ampsarus said:
Rice boy? Go back to Japan? :lol:
Yeah, um, this is a site for owners of a JAPANESE car.
Maybe I should direct the FWD Mopar crowd to go piss on their own tree?
Besides, everyone knows real Mopars are RWD with big block wedges.
Rice boy is a term dedicated to ignorant people who talk smack and know nothing. There are Rice boys who drive Mopars and other domestics. I have no problem with Japanese cars, I own one myself. I dont have any respect for someone who thinks that all good cars come from Japan, and the U.S. has nothing good to offer. Oh yeah, about real Mopars, try RWD and a 426 HEMI.

About understeer, Neons have always been tail-happy. I have to watch for oversteer under hard cornering.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts