Votes: 15 83.3%
  • srt-4

Votes: 3 16.7%
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i raced a srt-4 with a grampa driving it and i got killed.... i should trade in my rs for one of those bad boys... if a grampa can beat a rs then i can murder one what do u guy think???

·
Premium Member
91 Honda Accord LX
824 Posts
NOOOOO.

FWD, fallapart city! fuck dodge - especially fuck neon - fuck american cars in general.

*geez, i bet you're gettin' sick of me!*

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dopey said:
NOOOOO.

FWD, fallapart city! fuck dodge - especially fuck neon - fuck american cars in general.

*geez, i bet you're gettin' sick of me!*
i dont live in any snowy place so i dont need 4 wheel drive...

i drove a srt-4 once almost shit my pants cause it was 20k and it gots da turbo

rs doesnt got anything except the 4-wheel dirve

·
Registered
131 Posts
1FastRs said:

If you don't mind FWD one-wheel burn-outs, then by all means go for it. If you're going to drive it outside of the 1/4 mile track, then don't take any high speed turns and expect to live.

·
Premium Member
91 Honda Accord LX
824 Posts
LB2.5rs said:
1fastrs...I know 2 huge moth fuckas that wanna kick your ass...wanna know who they are?:p
don't get me involved in this...i'm the non-violent type.:lol:

·
Premium Member
91 Honda Accord LX
824 Posts
1FastRs said:

dude, AWD is very different than 4WD. it's not FOR the snow. it just helps a lot. all wheel traction is just as cool on dry pavement.

i would shit my pants in a fwd car w/ too much power also. right before the wheel got ripped outta my hands and i hit a tree.
it certainly does "gots da turbo" but for how long? even if you keep the damn thing on the road it's going to fall apart anyway. it's a good price for a fast, poorly built, unreliable vehicle. if you want that instead of a car that "doesn't got anything except the 4-wheel drive" then go do it...QUICKLY.

·
Premium Member
91 Honda Accord LX
824 Posts
Stroke said:
If you don't mind FWD one-wheel burn-outs, then by all means go for it. If you're going to drive it outside of the 1/4 mile track, then don't take any high speed turns and expect to live.
he'll have to worry about FWD two-wheel burn-outs if he gets the lsd. the rest is exactly right.
rs= fast corners + fun
srt= fast straight line + lame

·
Registered
2010 Impreza 2.5i 5-door, 5-sp
2,124 Posts
Can you say: TORQUE STEER?!?!?

Plus, be careful going around corners. And especially don't try to shift while you are turning.

(Plus, it's a Neon).

·
Registered
2010 Impreza 2.5i 5-door, 5-sp
2,124 Posts
AWD > FWD

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
Go for it. You obviously care about straight line speed. The SRT-4 is cheap stupid fun. You can always sell it in a few years and buy something better, like another RS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dopey said:
dude, AWD is very different than 4WD. it's not FOR the snow. it just helps a lot. all wheel traction is just as cool on dry pavement.

i would shit my pants in a fwd car w/ too much power also. right before the wheel got ripped outta my hands and i hit a tree.
it certainly does "gots da turbo" but for how long? even if you keep the damn thing on the road it's going to fall apart anyway. it's a good price for a fast, poorly built, unreliable vehicle. if you want that instead of a car that "doesn't got anything except the 4-wheel drive" then go do it...QUICKLY.
i dont meen to be rude but can u explain how it is poorly built? i would like to no and do not say its "just a neon". im not that crazy about going offroad with a car because i dont want to dent anything up.

I respect ur guys desicion on this subject. im just tryin to figure some stuff out that sall...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I posted this on onother Neon SRT-4 post on this site, Every American car I ever owned fell apart after 70k (or before) and was impossible to work on, I owned some new and some old american cars and they all let me down. I know Detroit is saying they are improving their build quality to match Jap standards but people I talk to say different (American cars are still falling apart and are next to impossible to work on). Also look at insurance (sp?) rates. I also just have a feeling that the after-market won't mix to well with domestic turbo cars.
I love going fast in straight lines, and the curves. On a highway the srt-4 might win, but on real roads where there are curves and intersections it will be no contest, the Subaru is built for that kind of fun.
Finally I trust my car will go for years without letting me down and engine problems, no matter how cool a car is constant problems will make it a piece of crap. I feel that the SRT-4 is a hastily put together car by GM to fight the import battles and build quality will come into the picture in the future.

·
Registered
Lifted 2014 Crosstrek
866 Posts
HAHA

Heh my friend MJ got his neon hit side on (passenger side fyi) at umm 27mph and had to almost total it AMERICAN CARS ARE SHIT AND HAVE BEEN FOR A VERRRY LOONG TIME!!!!! GOOO SUBARU GOOO!!!
Besides we all know are cars look better than most american ones and they are the only cars I can replace the headlights on in like 5 min when it take me to do the same on my dads ford!
We got the better build and the better design.
Like my dad says(hez a very wise ol man) a fast engine doesnt matter what matters is that it stays in the car when you gun it!:p

·
Banned for not posting nude party pics.
2009 2.5i Hatch
1,956 Posts
go for it man, get the SRT.
I will love seeing the look on your face, when you take it to auto-x and you get owned by 1.8l's.

·
Registered
261 Posts
lol, I think you guys are banging the neon pretty hard... it deserves some of it, but I say it's a very good car if your looking for a quick-brand new car.

It may be so that american cars fall apart faster than japanese ones, but I think we should give the domestic companies a little bit of credit for trying to build decent cars, no?

Also...to the guy that was knocking on RS's for not being as good as fast as an srt4...for 20 grand, you could make an RS butcher an srt4 in straights and curves :burnout:

-jas0n

1 - 20 of 144 Posts