61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
BACK FROM THE DEAD!!

(temporary update, anyway lol.)

My last post was back in Dec '18.. A month later, I had shipped out for some overseas missions.. I figured it would be a good 8-9 months of downtime on the build.. but what I didn't anticipate were back-to-back assignments.. ended up doing a second immediate bid! :eek:o_O:LOL: its all good.. The project isn't dead (I PRAY lol).. but its still taking me time to continue driving forward (PUN..I'll own it) :unsure::sleep::geek::alien:

Anyways, the main reason for the status update too was to hope you are all staying safe out wherever you are.. I know some in the community might feel disheartened b/c gtg's are being frowned upon by society.. and even when we like doing our separate things, we still are a bunch of enthusiasts who network in our own ways. Whether ya'll are stuck at home to work on your projects.. or procrastinating even when being forced to stay at home.. I hope all are well and staying safe with their fams. (y)

AND WASH YO DANG HANDS!! o_O:poop::ROFLMAO:

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,390 Posts
Welcome back! Sadly this forum was killed by the new owners. Most moved to discord to stay in touch. Who would of known in the end, NASIOC would be the last place to call home now.

Stay safe

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Welcome back! Sadly this forum was killed by the new owners. Most moved to discord to stay in touch. Who would of known in the end, NASIOC would be the last place to call home now.

Stay safe
Thanks for the info, bro.. that sucks, I liked the older site, like 99% of the users lol. You too man, be safe out there! 🤘 🤟 🤙

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I actually dont even have a NASIOC account.. it was mostly to stay loyal to rs25 🤦‍♂️ I remember that and ClubWRX (is that even still a thing?) ... Im also a Nissan guy, so this reminds me about how its been a ghosttown on NicoClub for a long time..

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,390 Posts
Club WRX was converted a few months before this website and is a shit show. Check the link in my signature. I tried to warn everyone so they could pull their info down and save it before it was stolen by this company. A few listened and saved their stuff. We all want the old site back man, we miss it terribly.

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Club WRX was converted a few months before this website and is a shit show. Check the link in my signature. I tried to warn everyone so they could pull their info down and save it before it was stolen by this company. A few listened and saved their stuff. We all want the old site back man, we miss it terribly.

You da man 🤙 🤟 that is communal help right there. I don't know how many ppl thank you for doing that.. but you've got my vote #BueCar4Prez2020 :cool:

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Sooooo... Back from the dead, once again..!! I don't know for how long.. this sucka is on life support 😱😭💔 but, she's hanging in there..!! 🙏🏾🙏🏾 I'll spare the ranting on the absence, and skip to impending images.. because, well, pics makes us all happy. 🔥📸

Goodbye, cubby.. hello, gauge surround. (I'm assuming I get the interior back together and have a pod to actually throw in there..?) 🤔🤔 Working on it.. and have something special planned for it! 😅😉

How is it that ordered parts from overseas can get here faster than domestically ordered items??🤦🏾‍♂️😑 I never get tired of seeing EMS/overseas labels from the lands of afar 🤤 :: geek-skwaaaad ::

I/C spray reservoir... Alil rough, but hey.. she lives on, in another build. Gotta love the little details. 😍 And quite frankly, I'm pleased that it came with the pigtails and pumps (assuming they work.. haha) 🤐🥺🤫🧐

There are more impending goodness, but I'll save them for later updates. I hope to continue to upload while I can.. hopefully it'll motivate me to keep being productive, where I can. Tons of support from the community, I thank you guys for lending an ear and always giving a thoughtful piece of advice on how to approach things!! 🙏🏾👍🏾👊🏾

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Let's keep this momentum going. It's going to rain all day.. literally woke up, and just started cranking on little maintenance things.. I was feeling motivated after last night's post. Nothing super fancy here.. just cleaning up a steering column I picked up last month or so. A friend (BansheeBoy.. toast to you, bud 🍻🥂) recommended I use the shaft from a GD on the replacement rack, instead of fannagling with welding or purchasing an expensive adapter for the steering joint (dunno why, but in my head, that doesn't sound quite right. 🥴) So I picked up a unit at a salvage yard.. just needed a little cleaning up. I would constantly think about cleaning it while running other errands (envisioned cleaning the splines lolz.. it was such a simple task) but I hadn't prioritized it... so as soon as I woke up, I didn't want to waste today away just because of the rain.

Nothing fancy here on this post.. no STi tidbits, rare items or go-fast parts.. just alil maintenance. 🤘🏾🤙🏾 I don't know of I can use the entire unit, but I will compare the two and see what I can indeed use. It started off with simply wanting to clean the splines at the end of the shaft.. then my slight OCD kicked and I ended up putting more "elbow grease" onto the entire unit.

Before:

A wire wheel would've been great and fast, but I don't have one, so a little TLC the old fashioned way works as well.. a little 100 grit sandpaper, wire brush, and small flathead to get in those small recesses.

After:

wet sanding, cleaning, re-sanding, etc.. I'm not experienced in wet sanding, but it seemed like doing it dry just keeps scratching the surface rust right onto the metal. It was a little learning curve, I enjoyed it. Should I take it a step further, I'll coat the materials in the future with anti rust spray or coating.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,015 Posts
Gotta love motivation.
When I don't feel like wrenching, I start going through the saved pics I got almost always help.
Bolt a day.

Keep it up.

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Then moving on to the steering wheel. Just some cleaning supplies, the usual suspects.

My "fancy" counterbalance while holding the column & cleaning the wheel.. patent pending.
#GetAtMePolandSpring #LetsTalkBusiness #MakeMoney #WhoAmIKidding #ForRealsDoe #MoneyPitProblems101 🤔😭

Realized while cleaning the wheel that this came from a wa-goon... Ironic and PERRRRFECT. A while back I purchased a stalk for front intermittent wiper functions.. but I don't think I took into account the rear wiper retrofit, at the time. This unit has it both. Loving when little pleasant unplanned things come together. ❤🤘🏾🙏🏾🙌🏾

After her bath:

All-in-all, I dig the GD steering wheel, and airbag. It's not a fancy STi unit, but it's better than the fugly RS unit.. more aesthetically pleasing as well as functionally thicker in diameter, in hand. I think I can make something further work.. maybe wrap her, do something special with the material and stitching, once I map out what I'm doing with the full interior plan. It's not 100000% clean.. as mentioned with the shaft splines, I could go a step further. So I'd like to be transparent that I didn't go full-retard OCD on this. ("..Never go full-retard.") 🥴📠 Just a little cleaning, and moving on with life.

Today's session was sponsored by some silly dancing, Progressive House and Deep Techno mix via YouTube, as well as channeling my inner-white-girl love for all things pumpkin. (No offense meant relax to those easily triggered! I love all ppl, gender and race equality. And I can't bring a human into this world, sooooo.. we all know women do it better.) 🤔🤫🤔 #damageControl #ItsTrueDoe

Liquid has gone missing.. not sure where it went. I need an investigator. 🤔🥴🧐🤫🥃

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Gotta love motivation.
When I don't feel like wrenching, I start going through the saved pics I got almost always help.
Bolt a day.

Keep it up.
Thanks, bud!! 👍🏾🔥💯 Most definitely feel you on that. I got tired of looking at everyone else's build or domestic overseas model, and needed to focus on my own.. she won't build herself. You're doing the right thing too.. it's gotta come from within 🤙🏾👊🏾

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
That moment you're making a post to the build thread but the page doesn't save your work. 🤦🏾‍♂️🤬😭 Oo well. I'll update it some more in a few.

I don't feel like rewriting it all atm, tbh, so I'll compile the pics later on in the next visual updates. In a nutshell:

a) Jacked up the whip for the first time in over 2 yrs;
b) most of the exhaust was removed (been meaning to liberate that for a long time);
c) trans was drained;
d) shifter removed;
e) various bolts and points were sprayed in PB Blaster and soak over night.. hopefully for a lesser struggle soon on. 🙏🏾

61 - 74 of 74 Posts