Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
try to find a 06-07 WRX. is a bit stronger and STi steering ratio without the STi price. Pick up a set of Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings and roll-center kit if lowered, you'll swear it drives like a gokart.

And not worried about weight loss on my coupe. I'm old and grumpy so I need my interior to keep me calm and I have a 1620lb Justy and a spare 04 WRX driveline that I may swap one day.
Thanks for the advice! from what I read, the WRX splines didn't fit into the 2.5RS column.. Perhaps that was from an 04-05 WRX?

I hear you on that issue, regarding not going full boy-racer. I might as well be on the same old soul page, as I'm not a fan of reducing amenities that discourages you from driving the car more than 20 mins. I'll see you at the Tuesday night bingo get-together

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yea, I was contemplating the L&E unit, in the future. Gotta pay to play..

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
GDB STi front subframe/engine cradle just got here, thanks PMP Auto Specialties for the fast delivery & good used parts pricing. Even left the associated hardware attached on the bottom side

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Good time to powder coat that bitch
Valid point. I've gotta look into those Whiteline bushings kit, & in the meantime, play around with sanding & putting on a coat or two of some anti-rust sealant.
I won't really be able to fully crack on the bigger jobs until I move the car where I'll be staying, as I'm moving into a new place this month

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,390 Posts
A good idea is to find a place that does a lot of powder coating. Then ask to get a discount and have your part tossed in with another order of the same color as a bigger vendor / order. Piggyback that shit vs having them just do your one piece solo ;)

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A good idea is to find a place that does a lot of powder coating. Then ask to get a discount and have your part tossed in with another order of the same color as a bigger vendor / order. Piggyback that shit vs having them just do your one piece solo ;)
??

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Been in the game awhile. haha
Lolz werd. That's why I like talking to ppl on the forums.. Ppl who are willing to share via their own trial & tribulations.. I'm a bit introverted myself & appreciate those who are willing to share, & where I can offer the same, myself. I haven't been a hardcore Scooby guy, but been into the car game on various levels for 12yrs.. Gotta give to receive. Thanks brudda!!

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,030 Posts
Oh shit, gettin work done! if your not busy tomorrow night come up to my place for the fireworks!

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Oh shit, gettin work done! if your not busy tomorrow night come up to my place for the fireworks!
Good looks man! I'll be with fams for a while, if I can escape I'll do that. I better kick the Maxima too, it loves to act up when it's up around your way..

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Back from the dead..! (Just in time for Halloween, too. Ghouls & goblins, anyone..?)

Today was a productive day, to say the least. Haven't cracked on the 'ol girl in a hawwwwt min., & refused to throw in the towel.

Can't upload images at the moment, but I'll be sure to, as soon as I can..! :projectsti.com:

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
sunday shenanigans. I was holding out on removing the dash until I was sure that progression with the electrical was going to be made, and in a timely manner. I was also super hesitant about misplacing screws, bolts and clips, but shoutout to the writeup done by GMRally95, he did a detailed one on what to look out for when getting the ol gal out, and how to store your clips so they aren't misplaced. I'm considering on doing a reverse writeup when its ready to go back together, if there is any interest.

first she's here...

now she isn't. lol

support beam out...

blower/heater/HVAC boxes removed

harness removed

out with the scalliwag

unofficial sponsor. Gotta love Holland.

aint she a beaut. almost wish i were parting her out, just because everything is layed and ready to go..! #OCD lol

should be shipping her out this week, along with the donor harness, to begin the merge... on my end, maybe sort through some mechanical things that I can.. I'm missing quite a few components so I can start hunting those things down, wherever I can make some time. :run::blol:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,030 Posts
FINALLY! lol good luck with everything dude, lmk if you need a hand putting it together i can swing by if im not busy.

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
working on getting the two harnesses packaged and ready to ship.. aaaaand of COURSE, the factory rear fog switch that I had acquired, which was to be sent out with the harness, had mysteriously gone on a smoke break :unamused: its only been sitting in the same spot for ~2 yrs.. :crazy:

When I was interested in the swap, the importer claimed it was from a S201.. Though I had no reason to question their credibility, I had my doubts, and was more concerned about the drivetrain itself, which wasn't as uncommon. (If it really were from one though, its kinda sad to know such a low production edition bit the bullet..) :noes: :(

maybe someone can verify its authenticity.. I don't know if 201 ECUs were specially serialized, but common sense would 'think' it were, at least the programming would be, which is the important part. I have yet to own an actual production STi, so it was a little sad knowing I wouldn't be running this ECU, after all the fuss :noes: haha (ya I know, the real emoji here should be: :jerkit: lmfao)

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,390 Posts
My V2 STi swap only has a regular ECU. I plan to chip it for US gas no problem as well as tune it.

Yours is much cooler with the STi spec logo. Shit some sweet wall art if anything.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts