Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my RA interiors a couple months ago, and must say that it is one of the best things I have done for the aesthetics of my car. If you have not ordered the door kit yet, go do it now. I guarantee, you will not regret it.

I'll start by saying that from start to finish I am extremely pleased with my experience throughout. Andy worked through the specifics of what I wanted, got it done quickly, and all cheaper than I could have done it myself for. From order to date of shipment, it took about a week, for four door panels, and a custom e-brake boot.

Upon receiving it, I got into my usual "boy at christmas morning" eagerness of getting a package, and made the mistake of trying to hurry and do it before I left for work. Don't do this, it won't end well. I did the entire thing with my door panels on the door, and I would not recommend this, because gravity is definitely not your friend. Lay a good 2 hours aside (over-estimated for safe measure) to do it all and do it right. Well, I got my door panels on, and was not happy with the install because it left these wrinkles at the bottom (my own fault entirely.) You can see the pictures for what I mean. As the California sun in my car baked it, the wrinkles ended up diminishing and leaving a clean final finish, so that solved that problem.

As stated, the second thing I ordered was a shift boot. I have a 96 L, so I had the non-armrest console (until recently, when I put the JDM one in.) The boot originally didn't clear the back of the console, because it's such a long stretch that every other model doesn't have. I don't blame him for it being wrong, because he probably didn't have an L he could fully test it in. (This is RS25, not L22, after all).

I contacted Andy about this to see if there was something I was doing wrong. He saw my problem, and fixed it at absolutely no charge. Within a week I had it fixed and ready. RA Interiors is definitely one of the best private companies I have dealt with in terms of getting the product I want, at the price I can afford, with quick communication, great products, and a "keep the customer happy" business model. I am definitely looking forward to ordering my next product! Keep up the good work.

-- Kevin

·
Banned
2000 Impreza EJ207
1,600 Posts
Kevin,
Thank you so much for the good review! The red suede looks great!

The 93-97 coupe is one of the hardest door panel installations since the contours switch from convex to concave, but you did a good job with the installation! The sun works to reduce any wrinkles but a heat gun works best ;)

·
Registered
00, rsti , BRP
60 Posts
I'm bumping this thread for my own personal experience with Andy. He goes above and beyond to make sure his customers are happy, some of the best customer service I've ever received. Anyways I'm very happy with his door fabric kit and the match he provided for me. I recommend doing business with him, he stands behind his products.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
^^^complete truth.... had issues with color match to my sti seats...sent me 2 sets. still wasent happy. send me about 10 samples of suede and 2 samples of alcantara and we got a match. he re did everything of no cost to me. great guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts