Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
07 wrx
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today on my way home the motor decided to tell me that i was screwed and to poll over. well me and my friend decided that it is my piston wrist pin. and from what he says is that means new motor. and the thing that pisses me off is that my RS only has oh about 27000!!!!!!!!:curse: ill keep everyone updated!

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Piston wrist pin - doesn't that mean just pulling one of the heads and replacing the part(s)? You might even be able to do it without pulling the engine, if I recall correctly....

·
Registered
646 Posts
So how much you looking at spending to get a EJ25 that is built for boost? Or are you going to check out a 2.2L turbo motor with the EJ25 heads?

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
Tic Tac sir?

I saw he was running a 50 shot and wondered if that did it.

·
Registered
2001 Silverthorn Coupe
144 Posts
Unless you damaged your bore or connecting rod (we'll just assume that your crank is fine) you can replace the piston and the wrist pin without even splitting the block. No need to have it completely rebuilt unless you want to.

cheeRS,

Greg

·
Registered
07 wrx
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i wasnt on the bottle at the time i was just driving about 65 mph. but it did make the noise once before i put the NOS on it so that wasnt the case but im sure it didnt help it any either!! but im not knowlege enough to know how or what happed so??!?!?! but once i found out ill let you guys knows!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts