1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
MY02 White TS
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, that was quick.

And does the procedure go like this:

1. Warm the car up
2. Put 1/3 in PCV, 1/3 in gas tank, 1/3 in oil, while leaving the car on?
3. Turn the car off in a minute
4. Let it sit for 10 minutes
5. Drive till no more smokes coming out of exhaust
6. Do an oil change within 50 miles.

· Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,985 Posts
arent you supposed to take the 1/3 that goes in the pcv system and rev while putting it in? otherwise the car will lock up and dye (nothing bad you just have to re-start it) The way i did it was to pull the brake booster vacuum line out and have a cup of seafoam and just let it suck it up while someone is giving it gas for a while till its all in there then let idle for about 5-10 minutes then drive it out. And the oil thing Def change your oil before about 50 miles just as precautionary measures.

Here is the million dollar question though. (I used to use it on my RS all the time)

Can you use this on Turbo engines or will this be really bad on the bearings in the turbo?

Thanks

· Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,324 Posts
i don't see why this would affect the bearings in the turbo.

make sure you also chage your spark plugs after you seafoam the car. there's a really good chance they will be fouled. you really don't need to do this any more than every 20k-30k anyway.

· Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
3,696 Posts
i used the pcv port on the IM. i figured if i used the brake booster port, the seafoam would only go into one bank, the driver side. whereas the pcv port is right in the middle.

one piece of advice i'd give ya is park on a hill. My L wouldn't fire back up and I had to "pop start" her to get her goin again.

to ride4life - i bet if you called them up, they could tell ya... unless of course someone here knows already

· Banned
1994 Aegean L, 1998 Panda!
734 Posts
No need to change your plugs and you had better get someone to keep it above 1k RPM. If you certainly believe nothing could happen...:mamoru:

· Registered
00' 2.5RWD / 98' L Wagon
5,826 Posts
I know this is a old post, but I just seafoamed my car, along with a full engine restore oil additive and my car feels great now. I used the oil additive to clean up my engine somewhat before I converted to Synthetic. I bought some synthetic 5w-30 and now my car runs so much smoother.

Accelerates smoother, idles smoother, etc.

Great stuff. But I'm still iffy about it. Lol

· Premium Member
1995 Impreza LX, 2000 LGT wags
1,056 Posts
yeahh, i'm really interested in trying seafoam out, but i'm alittle leary about the wear on seals or something 2 haha... i haven't heard too much bad about it tho. as long as the oil is changed

· Registered
'06 LGT
9,912 Posts
I used it in my last motor, and I believe it may have led to its detonation. I won't be using it in this current motor.

· Registered
00' 2.5RWD / 98' L Wagon
5,826 Posts
Yeahh, I put a third in my pcv valve by sucking it up in a cup then I switched to synthetic and ran premium and my car felt GREAT.

I know I had a lot of gunk and buildup and i think it really helps those that have a lot of carbon deposits in their engine. This stuff is great if used right, but some people seem to have bad experiences unfortunately. For the gas thing, I'd rather just put in Chevron fuel system cleaner and call it a day, stuff is great.

· Premium Member
1999 2.5RS Silverthorn
358 Posts
I would put it in your 1/3rd in gas tank first, then 1/3 in oil let that run for like 5 minutes and then the last third i poured slowly down the pcv valve. You're definitely going to need someone to keep your idle's up or the car will stall. Afterwards, my car felt a whole lot smoother. You have to change the oil right after because seafoam thins your oil.

Sidenote: no matter how cool the giant cloud of smoke looks behind your car...DO NOT WALK THROUGH THAT SHIT....i made a mistake and it was like breathing in straight carbon monoxide...

other than that it did wonders for my car... i had a weird idle problem that sorta went away

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.