Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A proper jacking point for the rear is the rear differential, correct?

I just want to make sure before I jack this kid's car up.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Technically you should stick a small block of wood on top of the jack, so it doesn't hurt the diff. I've got the OEM rear diff protector plate, which helps too, but wood is good.

Heh.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
I never used anything between the jack and diff, too concerned with the car slipping off. No damage done to the diff after 3 years.

·
Registered
2.5RS Rally Car
2,066 Posts
I never used anything between the jack and diff, too concerned with the car slipping off. No damage done to the diff after 3 years.
+1, I've had my car up by the diff 50+ times probably. My jacks all have the little rubber pads on them though. The diff is a pretty gnarly piece of metal, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Hoopty King
2000 BRP 2.5RS/1994 Legacy SS
876 Posts
Indeed.
Use the rear diff to jack up my RS, my buddy's Turbo Leggie, my beater Leggie, my mom's Outback. Well, you get the point.

Also, I never use anything between diff and jack, haven't b0rked anything yet (well, diff related anyway ;))

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Yeah I mean the diff is pretty tough, especially if you have a plate on it, but just to HELP avoid slight denting or scratches, that's why the suggestion of the slim wood block I guess.

Honestly I've not used the block either, other than once or twice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts