Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
99 2.5RS Aspen White 5 speed
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched a little bit about the issue but can't find a clear answer. I have a 99 2.5RS with 95k miles. I have a slight headgasket leak that I know will only get worse obviously. Now I've heard from some people that since there was a recall on these headgaskets that I can apparently get it fixed for free before 100k miles. Is this true? When I took my car to a dealer for a timing belt replacement they told me about the leak but didn't mention the recall. They only mentioned it would be "about" 2,000 for them to replace them. =(

· Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,506 Posts
if you just say. hey i love my car and i plan on buying a new one a few years down the road. but i want to keep this on for a while. please just help me out.

thats what i would say...

· Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
460 Posts
Ok so I went in for clutch work with 110k on my 1999 RS. The service manager called subaru of america and they ended up replacing the headgaskets for "good faith" or goodwill or something, I don't remember exactly. They did all the labor for free. I only had to pay for parts.

· Registered
99 Impreza RS rally blue pearl
726 Posts
I never heard about the 99 HG recall, fortunately mine have held. But I cant say the same for my spark plug. I launched it outa my d side head right after a down shift. Any way good luck with the warranty. On principal alone they should replace the HG; What car should need it replaced before 100,000 miles unless its a Ford or Chev. :p

· Registered
99 2.5RS Aspen White 5 speed
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After some back and forth emails with SOA it doesn't look like they will extend my coverage/do it for free.

"While there is nothing Subaru can do to offer an additional warranty extension, should you encounter a concern with the head gaskets in your Impreza, again, we would advise you to contact us."

· Registered
Miatamiatamiata
5,471 Posts
I never heard about the 99 HG recall, fortunately mine have held. But I cant say the same for my spark plug. I launched it outa my d side head right after a down shift. Any way good luck with the warranty. On principal alone they should replace the HG; What car should need it replaced before 100,000 miles unless its a Ford or Chev. :p
MKIII supra.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.